Chapter 1

Apparently no one tries to be interested in Maths. I think it is because of the teacher. Mr. Smith, as you can say, is not the best teacher. Today's class was not any different.

"Silence!" Mr. Smith's head changed to a red colour.

"I think he is going to explode any time soon." Sasha wishpers to me.

"Definitely." I whisper back.

We weren't wrong. Not much later Mr. Smith really explodes.

"I'm done. You guys are hopeless." Mr. Smith throw the papers in his hands in the air and walks away.

For the first time this year the class is silent. "He's gone!" Some guy shouts.

"I actually didn't expect it to happen." Sasha says to me. She has her standard surprised look on her face.

I laugh. "Me neither. I'm going to use the bathroom. Be right back."

I walk out of the classroom. Luckily for me the toilets are not far away from this classroom. I use the bathroom and wash my hands. When I walk back to the classroom, I see Nicky sneaking out the classroom. I follow her. She walks slowly through the corridors.

"Wher are you going?" I ask her. At the same moment I wished I hadn't asked her.

"Out." Is her answer.

"But we have Maths right now."

"So," she stops for me and places her hands on her hips. "Mr. Smith is gone now."

"That doesn't mean we are free now."

"What else does it mean? Are you going to tell the headmaster?" She is playing with me. She knows I won't do that.

"No, but I can't let you go either."

"Then you are going with me." Nicky graps my arm and takes me with her.

She walks out of school still pulling me along. We reach her car. It is a red Mercedes. She opens the door for me.

"Get in."

I get in her car. Feeling very uncomfortable.

Nicky gets in the car on her side and starts the car.

"Tara." She says.

"That's my name." I reply.

"I know. Where do you want go?"

"Don't you have any plans. You were sneaking out of class." Why would she sneak out of school when she didn't have any plans.

"Nothing in particular." Nicky answers my question.

"I don't really know what people do when they skip classes." I confess.

"That depends on the person."

"What do you usually do?" I ask.

"Mhhh everytime something different. Sometimes I go shopping, the other time I go to the beach. Today I want to go on a date."

"With me?" I feel my face getting red.

"Yeah why not?" Nicky hasn't noticed my red face.

"We are not in a relationship or something. And I'm not a lesbian too."

"It doesn't have to be that kind of date. It can be a friendship date."

"We are not friends either." I say.

"Whatever, let it be a date."

"Okay, it is a date."

It is a date.