Little Zombie Angel

(I updated on ff.net last night but Wattpad wasn't loading so I'm posting it here now

This one matches up with the last BtB, One Kid Too Many. More of Bonzo and Zoey, but this time with a little Bronzo-y goodness thrown in \^^/ I only have a couple more chapters planned for AGAZ, but I got a Tumblr anon not too long ago that inspired a kind of AU-type-thing for if Bree and Bonzo met earlier in the movie. Let's see if I can get to writing that, since I have my Big Fic Project to get to as well, and there's still more BtB to write...!)

Bonzo would take any chance he got to spend time with Bree, especially when he got to see her in some new situation. So when it came up that Mr Necrodopolous had to work late one night, Zed and Addison had a date and Eliza was swamped with work for a computer club project, he offered to watch Zoey for the night if he could bring along his girlfriend (his human. Cheerleader. Girlfriend). The curfew had been lifted recently, and both Zed and Bonzo wanted to take advantage of that fact. He knew Bree and Zoey already loved each other, but they had only ever really hung out with Addison around. And although he liked Addison, Bonzo wanted to give them some one-on-one bonding time. With him. Obviously.

They had been officially together for a little over a month now and they were practically inseparable. Eliza had claimed they were worse than Zed and Addison on more than one occasion and it didn't look like they were going to let up anytime soon. When Bonzo texted Bree asking for "help" with babysitting Zoey, it was clear how eager she was from the string of smiley, clapping and heart emojis he got back. He couldn't help smirking down at his Z-band screen and shaking his head, wondering how it was possible for someone to be that cute.

He met Bree at the barrier a couple of minutes before they had to be at Zed's house, hiding behind the gate as she walked through so he could jump out to scare her but once he had, he lifted her up into a hug. She playfully smacked his arm as he put her down and took his hand.

Zed had already left when they arrived and got the rundown from his dad that Bonzo was already so familiar with – Zoey was watching TV, dinner was waiting to be microwaved and have her in bed by 9pm. Zed was due home soon after that and he could take over. When Zoey saw Bree had joined Bonzo that night, she squealed and bounded over, Puppy chasing after her. Bree hugged her, grinning, and clapped at the little girl's pure excitement. Suddenly, Bonzo understood how Eliza felt whenever he showed up on the nights she was babysitting. Still, he was happy to watch the scene play out.

"Wait, wait, wait...!" Zoey hurriedly turned away to switch off the TV and tried to shove the couch back a little. Bonzo came up beside her and pushed it back with ease, curious as to why she was clearing space, "Thanks, Bonnie. Bree!" she grabbed her hand and pulled her into the centre of the room, "Watch, I've been practicing!"

- ANOTHER GIRL, ANOTHER ZOMBIE -

Bonzo came to somewhat regret his decision very quickly.

With Bree there, he had expected the three of them playing around together, cuddling up to Bree as Zoey giggled at them and sneaking a kiss or two when she wasn't looking. What he got instead was Zoey asking Bree to teach her cheer routines with Puppy pouncing at their feet, while he sat on the floor watching with Zander in his lap. He wasn't really complaining, he was content to watch and join in with their cheering through Zander, he'd just been hoping for something more than that. All he'd actually done so far was microwave Zoey's dinner.

"OK, and you're arms come up... in... and down..." it was fun to watch how she led Zoey through the moves, "Around, clap, clap, and up on your right foot... You got it!"

Bonzo clapped Zander's paws together along with Bree but he still felt a twinge of something as he did. He wasn't so sure what, exactly, but it wasn't a good feeling. He looked down at Zander in his lap and brought him up to his face. He sat there, just staring at the stuffed dog for a second.

"Ru, zet, garziga'g, za?" you still love me, right? he muttered, "Zanderka?"

He didn't get an answer.

The sound of two giggling voices came from the other side of the room and Bonzo turned his head to see Zoey tugging on Bree's sleeve. Bree leaned down so Zoey could whisper – or pretend to whisper, she clearly meant for him to hear – in her ear.

"I think he's jealous!"

Bree grinned down at her, "I think you're right." She turned back to her boyfriend, a teasing look on her face.

Bonzo's expression flattened. He looked back down at Zander and pouted, then kissed his nose and hugged him tight, glaring at the girls as he did so.

"Garziga Zanderka grog." I love Zander now.

Bree tried to act offended, but she couldn't stop herself from laughing, just a little.

"Are you replacing me with a stuffed dog?"

"Za."

"We still have the real dog!" Zoey cheered, scooping Puppy up off the floor.

"She makes a good point." Bree nodded.

Bonzo put Zander down, very gently so he sat up properly, and stood. He walked over to Bree, looking down at her with a fake hurt expression. Zoey, having seen Zed and Addison in this position a few times before and fully knowing what was happening, grabbed Zander and held him up to watch with her.

"Garzog zazig gezer ag?" Is a dog really better than me?

Bree tilted her head, pretending to consider the question. "I think it's about a tie. Don't you, Zoey?"

"Yeah!"

Bonzo gave them both puppy-dog eyes and Bree chuckled, gently patting his arm.

"Get down here."

As he leaned down so she could kiss his cheek, Zoey let out a short squeal, quickly muffling it in Zander's fur. Bonzo and Bree could only laugh and blush.

Bonzo glanced at the clock. 8:50pm. "Geh, Zoeka. Grog zu garzeep."

"Aw, no!" Now it was her turn to break out the puppy-dog eyes, with Bree for back-up. Bonzo looked at her.

"Zon agrap." Don't encourage her.

They didn't stop. Zoey picked up Puppy and turned him around to face Bonzo. A triple threat.

"Pweeeease?"

Before she knew what was happening, Bonzo had swooped down and hoisted Zoey, and Puppy, too, up into the air. Zoey shrieked as Bree tried to hide her laughter. Puppy jumped down and started yapping around Bonzo's ankles.

"Bree, help!" Zoey reached over Bonzo's shoulder for her as he headed for the door. Bree reached back but made no effort to actually save her. She was too busy laughing. Zoey reached down instead, "Puppy...!"

The little dog stood on his hind legs, pawing at Bonzo, but to no avail. Zoey screwed up her face in determination and went to crawl over his shoulder. Bree gasped when she was about to fall but Bonzo caught her time. She wasn't hurt; in fact, she was enjoying herself. Bonzo flipped her upside down, grinning as she made a noise somewhere between a giggle and a squeal. He had her upright again in a second. Her arms wrapped around his neck and she gave him a sad look.

"Garzeep grog?" Will you go to bed now? he asked, raising his eyebrows. She looked away, towards Bree, who just folded her arms and shot her the same look as Bonzo, "Za?"

"Za..." Zoey said with an exaggerated sigh, then she held up a finger, "If... you bring Bree over again?"

Bonzo glanced at Bree, who smiled. He couldn't help smiling back, "Magra." Maybe.

Bree followed him a few steps behind as Bonzo carried Zoey upstairs. Despite the little girl's best efforts, she ended up drifting off to sleep nestled into the crook of his neck. He rested his chin on top of her head and went to tuck her into bed with Bree watching from the door. He walked back over to her and this time, when he leaned down, she pecked his lips. Neither of them noticed Zoey roll over and open one tired eye.

"Aww...!"

They jumped apart. Bonzo tried to give her a stern look but he had to smile, "Garzeep!"

Bree took his hand and pulled him out of the room as Zoey closed her eyes again. Zed wasn't home yet – they still had a little time to themselves.