Chapter Ten

Peter POV

It was finally summer break! I said good bye to Ned and ran down the steps to an abandoned alleyway. I quickly took of my clothes and pulled on my suit. Sticking my backpack up with web I shot up the building and started swinging along New York. It was a clear day and nothing much was happening. Aunt May was still out of town and Tony was caring for me the best he could. That meant curfews even during summertime, which sucked.

"Hey Karen," I say to my AI system.

"Hello Peter."

"What should we do today," I say smirking about all the possibilities.

"Mr. Stark said to be careful because of what happened earlier this week."

"Right," I mumbled.

Earlier this week, on Thursday, the Avengers met an old enemy, Hydra agents. Tony is worried that I will run into some if I'm not careful. To be honest I am not very worried about it but I have to listen to Tony.

Suddenly my spidey sense goes haywire and I duck quickly. I see a needle fly inches away from me.

"Karen what was that?"

"It seems to be some kind of virus. If you were to be injected by that it could be lethal."

"What is the virus?"

"I don't know. It doesn't look like a known virus."

"Great, just what I needed."

I swing around and head towards the roof it was shot from. When I get on the roof I can't see anything but my spidey sense is blaring like crazy.

"Karen is there anyone up here?"

"Yes. There is one body on the roof to your right."

I turn to the right to find a person holding a bow and arrow.

"Clint?" I yelled to the figure.

"What do you want Spider-Boy?" He said.

"You don't sound like Clint," I muttered.

He took off his hood and looked at me. It was Clint. He suddenly ran at me and started shooting arrows.

"Dude what are you doing?" I yelled as I dodged arrows left and right.

"My job," he said as he ran up to me and stuck me in the chest with an arrow.

I yelped and kicked him off. He watched me struggle to take out the arrow before running off the roof and jumping into the alley below us. I bounced up and started running after him when suddenly the world started spinning. I landed on the floor with a loud thud.

"Karen? Wh-whats happening," I asked clutching my stomach as the world spun faster and faster.

"It seems that Mr. Barton hit you with the virus. It was injected through the arrow."

"Shit!" I said trying to stand up.

"I would recommend sitting down," Karen said as I feel back down on my butt.

Cold shivers started raking my body and I started breaking out in a cold sweat. I closed my eyes trying but failing to make the spinning stop. Suddenly I felt my stomach twist and threw up all the food I had eaten that day.

"Peter your vitals are showing a 102 degree temperature, would you like me to notify Mr. Stark of your illness?"

"Y-yes.." I muttered trying not to throw up again.

                                             ~¥~
Tony POV

I was working on upgrades for Peter's suit when I suddenly got an alert from Friday.

"Mr. Stark?"

"What Friday? I'm kind of in the middle of something," I said while trying to solve an equation.

"I got a destress call from Karen. It would seem that Peter's vital are not well. I believe he is in some sort of danger."

I dropped what I was doing and clicked my watch button, calling my Iron Man suit to me. When the armor was securely on I flew to the coordinates Karen gave to Friday. I scanned the rooftops and finally saw a pathetic looking red and blue blob. I flew down to the cuddled up figure and gaped at him. He was shivering furiously and had vomit lying right next to him, signaling that he had already been sick. I rolled him over and saw a hole in the fabric over his chest.

"Shit kid what did you do this time?" I asked pulling off his mask completely so that I could see his face.

Right when I pulled off his mask I could tell something was wrong. He was sweating and shivering at the same time and not to mention how pale he looked.

"Hey Peter what happened?" I asked gently shaking him.

"S-stop!" He shouted at me as he clutched his stomach and rolled to his side.

"Kid what happened?" I asked more urgently this time.

"Got....stuck..in the c-chest with...a v'rus," he said hoarsely.

"Okay," I said still trying to take in the situation that made zero sense to me.

"Can you stand?" I asked him knowing that I had to get him to HQ.

He nodded and sat up. I watched as he got to his feet and stood still for a couple of minutes. Suddenly he lurched forwards and started puking again. His eyes were teary and I could tell he was embarrassed.

"It is okay let it all out," I said as I rubbed circles on his back.

He puked for two minutes before deciding there was nothing left to throw up. I grabbed him in bridal style and took him straight to the med bay, where Bruce was waiting. When I got to the tower I laid him down on the bad and let Bruce take over.

"God Tony what did you do to him?" Bruce asked.

"Nothing. Just figure out what is going on please," I asked trying not to sound urgent.

"Sure," Bruce mumbled as he started to draw blood.

~¥~
Peter POV

My head was spinning when I felt a needle stick into me. I opened my eyes to see Bruce and Tony standing over me.

"What are you doing," I said hoarsely.

"Hey what happened out there?" Tony asked hurriedly.

"Clint-" I tried continuing but had a coughing fit.

"Slow down bud take it easy," Bruce muttered while analyzing my blood.

"Continue," Tony remarked.

"Clint shot me with a virus."

"Clint? Our Clint?" Bruce asked pulling away from my blood sample.

"Ya, I don't know what was wrong with him. He didn't sound like himself," I finished lamely.

"Friday tell Clint to come here please," Tony yelled at the AI.

"Yes Sir."

Clint suddenly burst through the doors and I flinched at the sudden noise. He surveyed the room and looked utterly confused.

"What do you need Tony?"

"The kid told me you shot him with a virus."

"What are you talking about?"

"You know damn well," I croaked.

Clint's eyes flickered green and suddenly he was on top of me. I tried holding him off but it was no use. Finally Tony shot Clint knocking him out and rolled him off of me.

"We've been compromised," Bruce said suddenly.