Spread Awareness Pt. 6

"H, are you sure you're alright to do the talk? I mean you're just getting over the flu baby."

Harry sighs, sipping his tea as Darcy comes down the stairs. "Can you still do the talk today dad? I know you've been sick for the past few days, so it's ok if you can't."

"You two, I'm fine... this is the best I've felt in day, plus I saw my doctor yesterday and he said I should be fine." Louis nods, leaning down to kiss Harry head. "I'm sorry baby, I just don't want you to have a seizure and get hurt." Harry smiles, kissing him again. "I know but but he called Dr. Roberts and booked me in for an EEG straight after my appointment and I had no seizure activity, I'll be fine.... I'll just warn them that I might stop sometimes when I'm talking."

Louis chuckles, nodding and walking up to get the twins ready to go to Anne's for the day. "Daddy has your breakfast ready my darlings, and eat up quickly while papa gets your clothes." The two little humans quickly run out to their other father, enjoying a healthy breakfast.

After getting the two youngest off to Anne's, Louis, Harry and Darcy all head off to her school. The two fathers walk into the office, telling one of the ladies they have an appointment with the principal. "Hello Mr. and Mr. Tomlinson, how are you this morning?" Principal Andrews says as she comes out from her office, seeing the couple and shaking their hands.

"Would you like to head up to the hall now? I'm sure you have a few things you'd like to set up." Louis and Harry nod, following the older woman up to the big building.

They quickly set up their things, plugging in a USB that Harry had made to go along with what he has to say. They soon hear a bell ring and then loud chatter as students start to file into the hall, sitting in the seats.

Principal Andrews stands up the front, and soon the room is quiet. "Thank you everyone. So as you know, today we have two very special guests, please give a round of applause for Louis and Harry Tomlinson."

Harry and Louis walk up to the stage, as everyone claps, making Harry smile as he waves to a few of Darcy's friends he recognises.

"So, I'm Harry for anyone who doesn't know me, and this is my husband Louis.... I know what you guys are thinking, 'why am I here? I don't need to know about anything what this old man has to say.' And honestly, I hope that everyone walks out of her and in some way is affected by what I have to say, and I hope you guys at least learn something."

Harry pauses as he turns on the PowerPoint, opening the first slide.

"So, for anyone who doesn't know me... I have epilepsy, now my first question is... has anyone ever heard of epilepsy?" To his surprise, almost everyone in the room sticks their hands up.

"Ok, what if I was to say.. anyone who doesn't know that there are more then one types of seizure has to put down their hand? How many people do we still have?"

He chuckles a little as almost everyone puts down their hands, Darcy and her group of friends still having their hands up of course.

"Right, so what if I said that there is about ten different types of seizures? How would you feel?" Everyone looks to the person next to them, a confused expression on their face. "Yeah, I know... a lot more then Hollywood let's on right? Ok, who can tell me what some types of seizures are? Darcy and your group of friends... don't even think about it, you can stick your hand up if we need help." He says, making the girls blush.

Everyone sticks up their hands, so Harry picks one of the boys who are sat in the middle.

"Uhhh... the ones where you shake?" Harry nods, smiling at the boy. "Yep, those are cold tonic-clonic seizures... then there are also another type of seizure which is called a clonic seizure. So the difference between those two is that during a clonic seizure you have muscle contractions, while a tonic-clonic is when you have the muscle contractions, and you're all stiff."

"Does anyone else know any types of seizures?"

Now, no one has their hands, making Harry nod and click to the next slide. "So this is a list of all the types of seizures, out of all of these I have five types."

He pauses, taking in everyone's reactions. "I have tonic-clonic, tonic, absence, complex partial and atypical absences. Now, I have about 100 absence seizures a day, so if I stop at any point in this talk I'm very sorry, I'm probably having a seizure... which I no reason to be alarmed, absences are just short interruptions in my brainwaves."

He continues talking for a while, probably about half an hour if Louis had to guess, until he suddenly drops the mic and swallows thickly. "Hey baby, are you ok? What's happening?" Harry groans,  trying to say something but ultimately failing.

"Uhh.... mmmm.... Leh.." Harry groans, reaching down to try and grab at his crotch. "No baby, you're ok... c'mon, let's lay you down Yeah? Get you nice and comfortable?" Louis turns around to see everyone filtering out of the auditorium. All except three people, Darcy, her closest friend, Sophia, and the principal.

"Papa, can we do anything? Do you want me to get him a pillow for his head?" Louis nods, seeing her run off to get a pillow. "Do you want me to do anything, Mr. T?" Louis shakes his head, smiling sadly as Harry lay stiff on the ground. "Here you go papa... do you want me to get anything else?" She asks, seeing Harry wet himself. "No darling, you two can go if you want. I'll help Harry." The two girls nod, but don't leave, standing a little further back.

Harry looks to him as his eyes roll in their sockets, he whimpers, reaching out a stiff hand. "You're ok bub, I'm just here. You're alright. I think you're gunna go babe, I'll stay right here, don't worry." Harry stiffly moves his head to the side, letting out a loud cry as he starts to convulse. "Mr. Tomlinson, is there anything I can do?" The stunned principal asks, standing a little way away from where Louis is knelt next to Harry. "Um.... maybe just grab me a blanket, and can someone get me some water? Not to cold just lukewarm." He sees Sophia and the principal run off then Darcy is walking over to him.

"I knew he shouldn't have done it today.... I'm sorry papa." Louis shakes his head, telling her she shouldn't be sorry, and that no one knew he would have a seizure.

Principal Andrews quickly comes running in with a blanket, making Louis thank her, they place the pillow under his head and the blanket over his hips. "Here we go bub, just so you don't hurt your head." Darcy gently grabs his head without being asked to and lifts it slowly, make sure she doesn't scare him. "Thanks baby, I think he's gunna go soon." Then the blanket over his waist

Harry starts to groan, the seizing starting off as twitching in his fingers, but soon his whole body is moving as he seizes. "It's ok, you're alright... I'm just here baby, I'm not going anywhere. Come out of it for me, I know you can, my strong boy." Louis whispers.

After coming home, a little earlier that Louis would have liked, Louis is sat at the table, Darcy opposite him, while Harry sleeps of the exhaustion from the seizure. "I just don't know what to do... I don't want him to get hurt anymore and I can't always be with him when he seizes." Darcy nods, taking a sip of her tea.

"Why don't you get him a seizure dog? Sophie's dad has one, she says he's really good cause he can tell her dad when he's gunna have a seizure before he feels it." Louis nods, pulling his computer over and looking for one.

Once he reads about the guidelines, and rings a few people to book an appointment, he smiles at Darcy. "Looks like we're going to be getting a new dog."