5. Expelliarmus

★★★★★★★★★★★★

★★★★★★★★★★★★

expelliarmus

the disarming charm

★★★★★★★★★★★★

Teddy Lupin was by far the most adorable child, Draco had decided as the young boy sat on his lap, changing his appearance to match that of every person in the room. Pansy and Blaise were just as mesmerized, giving him a standing ovation every time he opened his eyes and to reveal a different colour. The little boy giggled every time, finally reaching out for Pansy to hold him.

As she walked around the cozy kitchen with him on her hip, Draco leaned across the table to talk to Andromeda. "He's just fantastic," he whispered, unable to keep the smile off his face.

Andromeda smiled, reaching out to grasp his hands in hers. "He is, just like his mother and father. They would have been wonderful parents, you know," she said. Although she had no intention of hurting him, he felt a strong pang in his chest so he said nothing in response.

"I think you should find the remaining horcruxes," she said, after a while of silently watching Pansy and Blaise coo at the small child while he giggled in glee from all the attention he was receiving.

He turned his gaze to her, surprised at the statement. "What?"

"You know, the horcruxes that Harry was looking for. I'm sure he hasn't found all of them just yet, or else he would have sent word or something. Despite how brave he's been and how much he's done, perhaps this is one task he could not finish," she responded, the ghost of a smile tugging at her lips.

He frowned. Once again, he had to admit that his aunt was right. "It's not that easy, you know," he said quietly, but it seemed to him that he was only finding reasons to not go through with it.

She laughed, shaking her head in a way that told him that she didn't agree in the slightest. "Nothing ever is. There's always a way, darling, you just have to look hard enough to find it."

From the hallway, Pansy stuck her head into the kitchen while Teddy was giggling still with Blaise. "Draco, we should go; we have to complete our rounds soon," she said disdainfully.

His face fell at the news; it seemed he had completely lost track of time. As he stood from his place on the humble kitchen table, he thought of how different his life might have been had he been raised in a home that was just like this.

Perhaps the influence of the light colors and the coziness would've left his father with more hope than to be a glorified henchmen.

With a final sigh, he left the kitchen as Pansy and Blaise trailed after him, all of them hesitant to leave the kind woman and her adorable grandson, but alas, duty called.