Imagine comforting Elrond after a nightmare

~~~Nightmare~~~
~~~~~~Elrond's P.O.V.~~~~~|

I was racing through the halls of Imladris, chasing after my dear wife, that every step I took seemed to drift father and farther away.

She was going to leave me. Just like my Celebrían did. With just as much heart break. Just as much pain. Just as much sorrow.

I raced and twisted down the halls and ran down many a step until I was at the sea. My, (Y/N), had tears running down her  cheeks and her eyes where clamped shut as she slouched down the side of the ship as it left the harbor.

I couldn't believe it. My wife had left me. And with a child too.
I would never see her again till I died.

I shot up out of bed my breathing ragged and my heart racing again. My hair was the anything but perfect, but I didn't care. Not in the least.

I quickly turned to my side and saw that my wife wasn't there. Thats when the sift melodious voice of hers hit my ears as i shifted my gaze to the intricately engraved rocking chair in the corner of the room. She had two bundles in her arms.

The twins. I crawled out of bed and over to her. She heard my soft footsteps and looked up her smile replaced with a distressed expression upon seeing my tasseled state.

She gently put the twins in the crib and kissed their foreheads before turning back to me. "Nightmare?" She asked gently and I nodded looking down. Lord weren't supposed to be this worked up over nightmares. Then again not every lord can relate to losing their wife. Expect Thranduil.

She opened her arms for me and I walked over and wrapped my arms around her waist and dug my face into her (H/L) (H/C) hair that smelt of lavender and pine forest.

~~~(Y/N)'s P.O.V.~~~

I felt Elrond dig his face into my neck and hair and I wrapped my arms around his waist rocking back and forth in place. I ran my fingers through his hair and then started humming.

(Y/N):"I'll swim and sail on savage seas with never a fear of drowning, and gladly ride the waves of life, if you will marry me."

(Elrond):"No scorching sun nor freezing cold will stop me on my journey, if you will promise me your heart and love..."

(Y/N):"And love me for eternity."

(Y/N):"My dearest dear my darling dear your mighty words astound me. But I need no need of might deeds when I feel your arms around me."

(Elrond)"But I would bring you rings of gold, I'd even sing you poetry, and I would keep you from all harm if you would stay beside me."

(Y/N):"I have no use for rings of gold, I care not for your poetry I only want your hand to hold I only want you near me."

(Elrond & (Y/N):"To love and kiss to sweetly hold
For the dancing and the dreaming
Through all life's sorrows and
Delights
I'll keep your laugh inside me.
I'll swim and sail on savage seas with never a fear of drowning.
I'd gladly ride the waves so white
And you will marry me!"

(Y/N) and Elrond finished singing and laughed. "Come, let us rest." (Y/N) said walking over to the bed where her and Elrond cuddle together as they fell into a dreamless sleep.