Imagine being Kili and Fili's Aunt

Imagine:Being the eldest of the Durin siblings and babysitting little Fili and Kili.

•••

"AUNT, (Y/N)! HE'S AT IT AGAIN!" Yelled Fili from downstairs, he and his brother where over at your house until tomorrow morning. You had agreed with Dís to watch them for her.

She had to go with Thorin and do something outside of your kingdom and she didn't want to take Fili and Kili with her so you, being the wonderful sister you are agreed to babysit them.

It wasn't a probable really at first. They loved you and you loved them. But Malah they where a handful! At least three flower vases had been broke and your food was already half gone! For such little things they brought havoc with them almost everywhere they went. But they where small so they were completely oblivious to the complete storm they had turned your house into.

Well almost completely oblivious. When it was destruction they where causing to one another they complained. A. Lot. (And loudly too).

You trudged down the wooden stairs of your home and over to Kili who was trying to draw on Fili with your quill. You picked up the brown haired boy and carried him to the kitchen seating him on the counter and removing the quill from his hands.

Fili sighed in relief and walked over to the basin and grabbed a clean cloth and dipped the edge into it and started scrubbing off the ink that stained his arms and face.

"Kili you have to stop. This is the second time!" You gently scolded the younger brother.

"But Auntie it's fun!" He squealed and clapped his hands together. "How about this. You, your brother, and I go down to the lake and have a nice relaxing picnic and if you act good I might let you go swim okay?" You tried to persuade them. Honestly you were behind tired and just wanted to fall asleep right then and there.

Once the boys had agreed and you packed a few things to eat and drink, a blanket, and a book, you propped Kili on your hip and left the basket and other things for Fili to carry. He had wanted to prove to you he was strong and could handle it on his own so you let him.

You walked down the dirt pathway and underneath the nice shade of a willow tree. The leaves swimmer around your head and kili tried grabbing them. You put kili down and he just fell on his bottom and sat there.

You laid out the blanket and  put out the food. Kili waddled over to the blanket and sat down next to you and fili sat crisscrossed and started eating his food. Kili soon followed after his brother and stared eating. You weren't that hungry to you pulled out your book and started reading, glancing at the the two everyone and a while.

When they did catch your glances they smiled and went back to eating. Mahal they are the cutest.

"Auntie, (Y/N), can we go swimming now?" Fili Asked since both boys had finished eating and where looking like they would explode with energy if they didn't release it somehow.

You chuckled closing you book and nodding. You stood up and walked over to the small lake and helped kili take off his shirt while fili did his own.

Soon both boys where splashing each other in the shallow water. You sat on a rock and let your feet rest in the water.

Kili looked down into the opaque water and saw a variety of fish swimming around his feet. Some where brown, orange, yellow, and even purple. Kili bent down trying to get them but they just scattered away. Kili gave a confused look making you laugh and fili look around for fish.

Fili found some fish and slowly walked over to them and then pounced into the water but only got mud, no fish.

Kili yawned as the sun started setting and fili walked over to you and looked up. "Can we go back? I'm tired." He said yawning. You nodded and walked over to the blanket putting it all in the basket and then picking up both boys, fili held the basket, and started walking back home.

Once inside the boys changed into some new clothes and sat on the couch while you walked over and sat down in between them.

"Thank you Aunt, (Y/N)." They both mumbled as they rested on your sides. You wrapped your arms around the boys and smiled.

"Auntie, can you promise that you will always be here with us?" Kili asked and you smiled. "Yes. I promise." You whispered and both boys smile. You kissed their forehead and slowly all of you drifted to sleep.

•••Some years later•••

The quest to reclaim Erebor was successful and none of the company died. The Durin's has some rather nasty injuries but they lived.

A few months after Erebor was reclaimed and being restored the company received a heartbreaking letter from your best friend.

Soon the company stood in front of a grave. A grave that held...

You.

Fili and Kili were crying their eyes out and Thorin bowed his head with the rest of the company, a few years slipping from all of them. You always were the most joyful of the Durin Siblings and always were looking on the bright side of things.

Fili and Kili wiped the tears away but more just came flossing through their eyes.

All the company felt their hearts break even more after the words the two Durin siblings mumbled.

"You promised you would stay with us."