Pencils and Rubber Bands

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Pencils and Rubber Bands

Gregory Manson never felt weak when faced with challenges. His three best friends were always by his side when needed, so he never felt left out.

That was until today.

Unlike the others, his power wasn't physically capable of harming anyone. Even Brian, who only could go into cyberspace was at least able to make a quick getaway when things turned sideways.

But Greg?

Well he wasn't as lucky as the others. All he was able to do at this moment was read they're thoughts and know how badly they wanted to kill the three.

He knew how to fight, but going against a woman who could fly and a man who could control spiders, yah that wasn't exactly easy to go up against.

"What should we do?" Joey asked with fear lacing his voice.

Out of the three, Joey was the most afraid. He didn't know anything about fighting. Not a single thing. The only thing that would probably be helpful in this situation was him breaking into a car, hot wiring it, and drive away from there. He was tempted to do that, but a 'are you serious right now' look from Greg made him think of not doing it. He didn't know how Greg may have known what he was thinking, but right now was not the time to dwell on that. Now was the time he used his quick thinking to beat the bad guys.

"Give me a pencil," Sara leaned over to her best friend.

Joey gave her a confused look, but still did what she asked. He unzipped the small pocket of his backpack and pulled out a number two pencil. Handing it to her, he watched as she pulled her hair out of its ponytail. Suddenly, Joey knew exactly what she was about to do.

Sara was an expert at archery. Which, on its own, happened to be a pain in his ass. Whenever she'd want his attention, she'd just shoot him with a piece of paper or something that would hurt him, but not cause him harm.

"Oh no, not a pencil. My biggest fear," the woman moaned in faked fear.

"Watch it there, Ren, she looks mighty pissed. Hey, kid, why don't you pull out a sharpener and sharpen it while you're at it," he laughed.

Sara raised an eyebrow at them before quickly releasing the pencil from the rubber band. At a speed, the pencil flew towards the man and jabbed into his forehead making him hiss out in pain.

Greg took that as an opportunity to attack him to the ground. While the two wrestled for dominance, Sara began to cautiously make her way towards the woman who was now paying attention to the fighting duo.

Using her strong right hook, she swung towards the woman and punched her in the guts. The woman fell down in pain. Sara took the opportunity to grab her head and slam it forcefully onto her knee. Just as the woman sprung back up, she punched her in the face. She fell to the ground cradling her nose that was bleed profusely.

Not wanting to give her time to get up and attack her, she began to kick the woman wherever she could. Eventually, Joey joined in for extra strength. The woman shrieked in pain and frustration.

Greg, who now had the man in a choke hold looked at the two with a proud smile on his face. They were smart and strong for humans. The smile, however disappeared when the man somehow escaped his hold and pinned Greg onto the concrete. He began to roughly punch Greg in the face.

Sara saw the blood beginning to spray from Greg's face and went to go push the man off of him when she suddenly felt a hand wrap around her neck from behind. The hand squeezed harder until she could barely breathe. Her face was beginning to turn red and her vision was slowly fading. Just as she almost backed out, the pressure from her neck was gone. Without support, she fell to the ground, surprisingly landing on something soft rather than hard.

With whatever strength she did have, she managed to open her eyes and peak at what she had fallen against. All she saw was a mop of perfectly styled blond hair before she closed her eyes and dozed off.

*~*~*~*~*

Ria pulled Ren off of her best friend and slammed her onto the concrete ground. She repeatedly punched to woman until she was sure she'd knocked her out.

Alex pulled Aracnois off his best friend and did the same to him as Ria did to Ren.

Once they were sure the two were out they tried to figure out what to do with them. They obviously weren't just going to kill them. Turning them over the police was an even dumber idea considering how corrupted the juridical system in Morrland was.

They were just a bunch of kids who had no real way of catching the bad guys. Alex, Greg, and Brian never really had to figure out what to do with bad guys since they rarely ever went against them. Morrland used to be an Eroian safe place until Ria accidentally made it a beacon for the supernatural.

"What are we supposed to do with them? We can't let them go. They know how we look and where we are," Ria said.

"I know. But we don't exactly have much of a plan. We don't have a secret lair or cave where we could hid them. We're just a bunch of juniors in high school," Alex sighed.

"I...I think I could help," Brian reluctantly spoke up.

The looked down at the boy who was cradling the head of Sara. He was holding her like she was some fragile vase. But inside he knew she was far from that. She saw what the woman could do yet she still stuck up to her. He'd never see a human so brave. He barely knew the girl, yet somehow he had so much respect for her.

"How?" Greg asked.

He cleared his throat. "My computer used to easily get virus' and malware due to me constantly hacking into shit and traveling into it, so I made a cyber jail. It basically similar to normal jail, however nothing can escape from it unless I let it. And since I'm the only one who could travel to cyberspace, they wouldn't be able to escape without me taking them out."

"You made a technological jail! Dude that's so cool," Joey fanboyed.

Ria shook her head at her best friends excitement.

"Brian, when did you have the time to come up with this. It's actually a very genius idea," Alex praised his best friend.

"I get bored at home when we're not hanging out. All Brit likes to do is read."

"Before we decide to lock them up in there, is it alright if we take a look at it. I just want to be one hundred percent sure they won't escape," Ria asked.

"Yah sure," he said. He was about to get up when he realized that Sara was still on his lap. "Hey guys, maybe we should take Sara back to Alex's place first. And we could tie up those two idiots while we explore."

They nodded their heads.