Posession {1}

Shuri groaned in frustration at the equipment in front of her. She had been fiddling with it for hours, desperately trying to come up with a way to help the man they currently had in cryo-freeze, without unfreezing him.  She really did not want to have to unfreeze him.  I mean for God's sake the man was in an unstable mental state and he could probably snap her in half.

She let out a sigh as she rubbed her eyes, calling up T'challa.

"Listen all I'm saying is I need a little extra help!"  She reasoned, knowing full well why her brother wouldn't easily accept who and what she needed, to be able to help Bucky.

T'challa sighed heavily.  "We'll go see her then."  Shuri thanked him, grabbing her things and heading to one of the jets.

-

"You need my help."  She stated, clearly amused.  "Please Astrid.  I truly can't come up with a scientific reason as to why his brain is functioning the way it is."  Astrid sighed as she sat down on a rock.  "What exactly do you need me to do?"

-

After Shuri had explained that she needed Astrid to look into Bucky's mind, they were on the jet headed back to the labs.  "You know I hate doing it.  So I know you truly do need my help, otherwise I doubt you'd try to piss me off."

T'challa nodded in agreement with her statement as they landed.  "We are sorry for asking."  Shuri explained, wringing her hands in nervousness.  "I know.  I just hope doing it helps whoever this man is."

When they headed down to the room where Bucky was, Astrid felt herself becoming nervous.  This man could tell her no, or go insane and try to kill everyone in the room, which is why Astrid made a decision. 

"Once you unfreeze him and explain what needs to be done, I need you both to leave."

"Leave?"  Shuri asked, confusedly.  "Neither of you need to get seriously injured or hurt, and from your explanation of the mental state this man is in he could get aggressive."  T'challa argued with Shuri about the subject as Bucky was thawing out.

"She's right Shuri, we can't afford either one of us to get hurt."  Shuri huffed, finally agreeing as Bucky started to stir.  "He's waking up, his heartbeat is increasing." Astrid informed.

"That will never not be creepy."  T'challa murmured, leaving to let Shuri come up with an explanation as to why Astrid would be helping, and why he was awake so soon.

"Why am I awake?"  Bucky croaked, barely audible.  "We may have found a way to help you Sergeant Barnes."  Bucky rubbed his eyes, forcing Astrid to now notice that he was missing an arm.  "Who's this?"  He asked, stepping out of the chamber.

Shuri became nervous, wringing her hands again in habit.  "I'm Astrid."  Astrid answered for Shuri, noticing her quickened heartbeat.  "T'challa and Shuri brought me here in hopes that I could be of assistance."  Astrid motioned to some chairs at a table and they all moved to sit.

"I asked for Astrid to come here because I could not help in the ways I know anymore."  Bucky's brows furrowed, but he nodded in understanding.  "Astrid has some,"  Astrid smirked a little.  "Special, abilities she will be using to help me gain a better understanding about what exactly is going on in your brain."

Bucky swallowed, his heartbeat quickening slightly.  "Don't be nervous."  Astrid spoke softly.  "I won't do anything you aren't okay with."  He nodded, sighing.  "So what exactly are you going to do?"  He asked.

"I have an ability to look into your mind. I can use it to search for the thing that triggers the soldier."  His brows furrowed.  "But we already know that the words trigger the transition, isn't that all we need to know."  Astrid shook her head.  "No, I need to see why, the words trigger it."  Bucky felt uncomfortable with the idea of someone digging around in his brain but if it was the only option he was willing to do it.  "I'll do it."  He stated, determined.