Tsvetok {3}

As the first bullet flew out of the gun's barrel, Astrid moved in front of it to make sure it didn't hit Bucky. As soon as the bullet sank into the skin and muscle on her shoulder, she felt a searing pain come with the invasion. "Vervain." She whispered.

"Not just vervain." Astrid fell to the ground, feeling the herb make its way into her blood stream. "Wolfsbane." He had continued. Just as the man shot another bullet Bucky jumped in front of it feeling it sink into his abdomen. He hissed through clenched teeth at the familiar pain and dropped to his knees next to her.

A look of surprise flooded the Sheriff's features as Astrid disregarded her own pain to look at the blood gush from Bucky's wound. She used what little power she had left to rush to his side, giving Bucky a look of apology as she dug her fingers into the wound. He tried not to, but cried out in pain as she struggled to get the bullet out, the Sheriff staring at them in shock.

"I can't get it out." She whispered. "Matt." She raised her voice as she said his name. "Help me get the bullet out or he's going to die, and I don't think either of us wants the death of a human man on our conscience."

Matt's face held a look of surprise as she said his name.  Matt only just noticed how much she resembled Rebekah. He nodded in agreement as he quickly dropped to his knees. "Reach in, get the bullet out. I'll use my magic to heal him." Matt furrowed his brows at the mention of using magic as he thought she could only heal someone with her blood. "Now." She had urged, looking to Bucky in anguish as his eyes became heavy.

Matt did as he was told and reached into Bucky's wound feeling the edge of the bullet, huffing in aggravation as he muttered his next words. "I can't reach it." Astrid looked to him in anger closing her eyes and digging back into Bucky's wound, yelling out in pain as she grabbed the bullet and tossed it with incredible force into the woods behind them.

She felt her eyes become heavy as she began to reach to her own wound, but running out of time as her vision went dark and she passed out.

Matt made a quick decision reaching into Astrid's wound himself and grabbing the bullet, tossing it into the woods with much less force than she had before. He reached into his pocket, cut her wrist with his knife and held her wrist to Bucky's mouth. Matt watched as the dark haired man slowly came back to consciousness.

Bucky's hand flew to his abdomen and then his eyes darted to Astrid lying beside him, clearly unconscious. He sighed in relief, seeing that her chest was still rising although her breathing was shallow. "She'll be fine." The blonde man had stated. "Originals don't die that easy."

Bucky felt anger course through him as he said those words and reached with his one good arm to put Matt into a chokehold. "She isn't like her family. Try to hurt her again and you won't have her to worry about." He growled out, releasing Matt's throat and watching him suck in air.

Astrid's eyes began to flutter open as she turned to look at Bucky. "Bucky?" Bucky slid over to her quickly, grabbing her hand and rubbing circles on the back of it. "I'm here. I'm alright." She smiled groggily, frowning as she saw Matt in her peripheral vision.

Bucky helped her sit up and she reached to her shoulder to feel her healing wound. It was healing slowly. She hadn't fed properly in some time, so she made a mental note to take care of it later.

"Can you not bloody shoot someone before they can explain themselves?!" Astrid questioned, voice raised in anger. "Why are you in Mystic Falls? Mikaelsons have no business here anymore."

Astrid nearly rubbed her eyes until she realized they were stained with blood. She stood up, with help from Bucky, but stopped immediately when she realized Bucky was even alive. "What did you do?!" She yelled, racing toward Matt with her combined vampire and werwolf speed.