Doll {4}

"What happened?"  He wheezed, glancing at the flames and debris surrounding them.  She set her forehead on his chest before answering, taking solace in the sound of his heartbeat.  "We got shot out of the sky."  She answered sarcastically and he chuckled.  "I figured that much." He set his hand on her head, calming himself with the feeling of her soft hair.

"HYDRA."  She had confirmed his suspicion.  He shot up hearing movement in the trees and bush surrounding them.  "Pretty sure we have more company."  He groaned.

He ran his flesh fingers over the metal arm attached to his shoulder.  He honestly had never wanted to see the thing again, but if it would help protect them it wasn't a question that he would use it again.  Astrid heard a bullet whizz past them and sped over to the source, finding five armed men, their guns all aimed at her.

"Oh, bloody hell."  She sighed, yanking the gun from the man closest to her and butting him in the head with it.  The other men began to shoot at her and she dodged the bullets, causing one of the men to shoot one of his friends.  The man who was shot cried out and Astrid took the opportunity to knock him out with a swift punch to the side of his skull.

She heard a bullet whiz past her, not of the men in front of her.  The bullet landed in one of the men's chests, and she turned, seeing Bucky hit the last one in the face with the butt of the gun he found.

Astrid looked at the bodies.  None of them were dead, she could still hear their heartbeats, but she knew they'd have to finish them off.  "They're HYDRA.  Don't feel bad about it."  Bucky consoled, rubbing her shoulder soothingly.

"We should contact Shuri.  She's most likely freaking out at this point."  Astrid decided, trying not to watch as Bucky delivered a few bullets into the men. She busied herself with her communication device, realizing it was broken and they'd have to find another way to make contact with Shuri and T'challa.

"Let's head into a town.  We'll stay there for the night and find a payphone."  Bucky spoke, grabbing a handgun from one of the men's holsters.  "They were gonna kill us."  He reminded her, trying to make her see they had no choice.  She had a solemn look on her features as she accepted the action they had to take.  "Technically they can't kill me."  She smirked, giving him a sideways glance, he rolled his steel blue eyes at her.

-

Astrid sighed, running over the plan in her head.  "Okay.  So I feed on the poor man and then compel him to give me a couple of quarters and his jacket."  Bucky snorted at her hesitation.  "You've been part vampire for a thousand something years and you're still not used to it."  He had realized.

Astrid hesitated before slumping off in the direction of her target hearing Bucky huff from the distance before she did her part.

After a few moments of having walked into a nearby alleyway, Astrid came back looking brighter than before, tossing the quarters to Bucky and handing him the jacket.  "You look happy."  Bucky teased as he slipped the jacket on.  She frowned giving him a death glare.  "You were right when you said I'm not used to it.  I hate it.  I could easily lose myself and kill someone."  She had paused in thought.

"Why are you so okay with all of this anyway, old man?"  Bucky glared back, rolling his eyes again and answering.  "'Cause I was a part of the supernatural world already and didn't even realize it.  Plus you're not all bad."  He winked at her.  It was Astrid's turn to roll her eyes as they walked over to a payphone.

"I should tell you."  She paused, hesitant, not wanting to break the nice atmosphere between them, but knowing she had to.  "The traveler you were being possessed by-"  He cut her off.  "Did I-"  She gave him a look, she hated when he blamed himself.  "Sorry, he, hurt you?"