Mikaelson {2}

"I don't know that it's a good idea to let them both leave, Shuri."

"Brother, if this is the only way to help Sergeant Barnes we need to do it. We made a promise to Steve Rogers and I plan to keep it." Shuri was adamant about Astrid's plan. Astrid of all people would have been able to know if Bucky's ailment was of mystical origin. T'challa sighed heavily.

"Maybe I should have Okoye accompany them." Shuri laughed. "Yes, because Okoye is very stealthy." She joked, making T'challa roll his eyes. "Alright, alright. So we let them go. Make sure we stay in contact throughout their trip." Shuri nodded and went to help get Bucky and Astrid ready and comfortable.

"Was he hesitant?" Astrid asked her as she stepped onto the jet. "You know he was." Shuri retorted. "But yet he's letting us go anyway? No babysitters?" Astrid joked, making Shuri smile. "I talked him out of it."

"Ah, who was going to be the lucky person?" Astrid prodded, making Shuri even more bubbly at the returned banter. "Okoye." Astrid laughed breathily. "That would have been a disaster."

"That's what I told him." She laughed. "He does want you to stay in contact though, I'll be monitoring your location." Shuri had chimed, she loved her lab. "Ah, so you're the babysitter then?"

Shuri rolled her eyes. "I'm no such thing. I'll give you your space, I know how you love it." They went into a comfortable silence as Astrid checked on Bucky.

"How are you feeling after the whole, me prodding around in your mind thing?" She consoled, she honestly hated using her powers to look into, or control minds. Anyone that knew her well knew that much. "My head hurts, a lot." Astrid nodded, pulling some water from her bag. "Keep hydrated. The last thing we need is you getting sick."

He nodded in agreeance as she opened the bottle, handing it to him. "Promise me you'll tell me if you start feeling weird." She had advised. He nodded as she went to sit. "If you're confused about anything." She paused and turned to look at him seriously. "Please ask. The last thing I want is for you to not be comfortable around me." After a few moments of silence Bucky decided that he did.

"Alright. I do have a question." Astrid nodded, pulling another water from her bag and turning her body to him. "How do you do what you do? I've never seen or felt anything like it, and I've lived a pretty long life." Astrid huffed and he gave her a confused look.

"Like you, I am much older than I may seem." He nodded for her to continue as Shuri finished some technical things with the jet's auto-pilot. "My mother, was very powerful. She made me what I am."

"And what are you then?" Shuri paused in her work, silently hoping that Bucky wouldn't be scared off. "I am a mixture of things." Astrid laughed. "My mother was proficient in all things magic. Witchcraft basically, and my father well. Let's just say he wasn't actually my father."

Shuri honestly thought she wouldn't go as in depth. She thought maybe 'I'm a witch' or 'I'm a vampire' but Astrid had rarely spoken to even Shuri about her true parentage, let alone her childhood at all. "You'll think I'm crazy." Astrid had cautioned.

"Try me."

"My father was human, but full of hatred nonetheless." Astrid hated speaking about Mikael, but if Bucky needed to understand she would.

"And your mother?"

"A witch. It's how I'm able to do what I do." He nodded, trying to wrap his mind around all of it. "So you're?"

"Well, I'm a witch, although like I said before, there is more." Shuri knew what was next and she cringed. "My twin, Niklaus, he had taken our youngest brother Henrik to see the men change into wolves one full moon." Bucky furrowed his brows. "Werewolves?"  Bucky was clearly skeptical, but what with the things that had already happened today his mind was open to the idea.