Prologue

A mission, a mission that went downhill. Thats all it took for the team to snap at Lance. Yelling insults, well at first.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

When it all started

Alarms blared throught out the castle.
"Paladins Repot to your lions, immediately! There is an attack on an allianced planet! I fill you in later, right now it is time to fight!" Allura's clear voice shouted over the intercoms being heard regaurdless of the alarm.

🌊Lance POV🌊
'crapcrapcrapcrap' I quickly got ready, having no time to do my hair it was still curly. 'My helmet will cover it so there is no reason to worry' i reassured myself. As soon as I got dressed I dashed over to Red and joined the others in battle.
.

.

.

.

.

.
'That was the last time I was carefree'
.

.

.

.

.

.

Time Skip

I don't remember much of the battle, I didn't want to. Everyone just keeps yelling at what I had done wrong.

"Lance why can't you aim right! Your our supposed 'sharpshooter'!"

-that stung-

"Seriously if you'd talk less we would have won!"

-ouch...wait I never made a joke-

"Your useless!"

"Good for nothing"

"Be more like Keith!"

"Train more talk less!"

"Weak link!"

I was about to open my mouth to retort...

"Can't you keep your mouth shut for once."

Hunk, you too?

Hearing that from my best friend hurt. Even he was fed up with me. I don't even get what I did wrong this time. I focused entirely on the battle and never joked about anything. None of that matters in the end. I think everyone just hates me as a person. 'I mean I can see why.' no I cant think like that I refuse to!
"You are so pathetic Lance!"

"Even when we are directly in front of you you cant listen!"

"Be serious for once in your life!"

'why else would they say it? They know, they know that you're a screw up. They know your a mistake. Even your father thinks so too!'

No he was wrong...

'This is honestly what they think of you and you know it! You just won't accept it with that stubboron attitude of yours.'

My voice barely above a wisper " I'm glad to know what you all think of me." my head looking down, tears streaming my face, I was visibly shaking too.
.

.

.

.

.

.

"ENOUGH!"
Looking up from my puddle of tears I see an orange blur. My tears have clouded my eyesight making it hard to see the faces of my team.
"I'm going to take Lance to his room, you all need to think about what you have just said to him. NOW!"
Coran the only one in this castle defened me. Not my best friend but Coran, the one and only space uncle. My only space family.