Chapter Four: Dreams really Do come True

The picture above was drawn by the very artistic ThunderclanWarrior12. I suggest checking her out if you love the art~

________________________________________________________________________________

            "Catchers," Dragontail began, "are the most physically active dragons in a community. Flos Catchers are responsible for locating and retrieving requested flowers and stocking up on fruit in the event of poor floral growth or other unplanned outcomes. Luminbrille Catchers are responsible for locating and retrieving insects for those too young to catch their own or in the event of a shortage. On scouting missions, pairs are allowed to eat some of that they find, but please refrain from eating all of it."

            "Soleil," Rougeoyer announced, causing a laughter to build up among the group. Even Dragontail and Soleil, a yellow Luminbrille, were chuckling at the very least. Rougeoyer was honestly glad to finally see Soleil on the team. She was a younger dragonet and had always dreamed of being a catcher. The main problem was that she was not the best eye in the village and definitely not the brightest Luminbrille in the forest.

            "Soleil and Sunflower," Dragontail called, about to announce missions, "you two will search for bananas and bees."

            The golden coloured duo nodded in understanding. Before walking off, Soleil mumbled something about toucans, initiating a giggle throughout the class.

           "Flamber and Brightcluster, you'll be looking for silvine and caterpillars."

            Flamber, a white Luminbrille, nodded seriously, taking the lead while Brightcluster followed with no expression.

            "And of course, Rougeoyer and Amaryllis, you'll be looking starflower and fireflies," Dragontail finished, reluctant to send off the pair, knowing full well as to what happened in art a few weeks ago. Amaryllis nudged Rougeoyer, giggling as she began running off. Rougeoyer took this challenge, quickly gaining speed. Dragontail chuckled, smiling as she shook her head.

            "So, Amar," Rougeoyer started while slowing down once some distance from Dragontail's teaching area, "any ideas as to where we can find a starflower tree?"

            "I thought they glowed in the dark like stars."

            "No, don't they just sparkle?"

            "Well, that won't be that easy unless the moonlight wants to help us. I know they also have a bunch of dangling vines and aren't as tall as the jungle trees."

            "It's a lead, I guess," Rougeoyer admitted, "if they aren't tall, maybe we can gain ground and look for clearings?"

           Amaryllis silently nodded, opening her wings and flapping above the leaves. Rougeoyer gripped onto the tree and climbed his way up, using his clawed back legs to keep stable. Once high enough, he took a seat on a strong branch. Amaryllis hovered beside him. Although Rougeoyer thought it would be more comfortable for her to sit beside him, he didn't argue, instead keeping his eyes peeled as he searched for an opening. Sadly, he was starting to get annoyed by his partner's overly loud flapping to his sensitive ears and feelers.

            "Amaryllis, do you mind?" he hissed.

            "Hey, I'm not that loud!"

           A strange sense of déjà vu hit Rougeoyer as his head perked up, like a deer before a hunt. The flapping grew louder and Rougeoyer lept for Amaryllis, using his weight to drag her out of the sky. Snapping jaws swished above their head as Rougeoyer's stomach hit a branch below him. Momentarily winded, he released Amaryllis, who struggled to get herself back into the air.