Chapter Six: New Minds

Currently awaiting the lovely ThunderclanWarrior12's amazing art ;3

________________________________________________________________________________
            A few more weeks flew by, being nothing but filler until the Lunar Gathering of Pacification and Prosperity was nearly upon Terragon. A couple days beforehand, dragons prepared for the most important occasion of all of Terragon. Many Artists were thrilled to display their work as decoration fitting for the event. Many Catchers gathered flowers for display, but that didn't stop some younger Flos from trying to eat from them. This resulted in a few dragonets racing away from adults, claws filled with flowers as they fluttered through the village. Many Crafters also wore colourful wear and seemed to outdo themselves every year. As they were handing out similar items to the other dragons of the village, Amaryllis dragged Rougeoyer over, trying to convince him of their potential.

            "Amar, please, I'm only wearing them for tradition and to please Mayry and Hayry. They already seem mad with us, so I don't want to get any further on their bad side," the Luminbrille countered, shivering as memories of old events washed over him. Amaryllis adjusted her own flower crown, made of Amaryllis of course, before placing Rougeoyer's own crown, which matched Amaryllis. Rougeoyer shook his head then proceeded to slip the crown on so it hung on his ears and feelers rather than relying on balance.

            "Well, we could've died back then, but we didn't! We were protected by the Gods!"

            "Two things: one, we may have not died, but we could've. And two, Brightcluster didn't fare too well himself, did he?"

            Amaryllis opened her snout but shut it slowly, casting her gaze to the ground. It immediately made Rougeoyer feel guilty. "Look, I didn't mean to sound accusing or anything. I just don't want to be responsible for the end of the world because I trip over my paws and fall onto the Flower of the Gods. Or, less importantly, I fall over a cliff or something."

            The Flos turned back up towards Rougeoyer, a soft smile on her snout. "Mayry and Hayry wouldn't let that happen. They'll guide us through the rough times."

            The duo began walking though the village, heading towards Largeur and a few other Artists, all coordinating their work with one another's. There also seemed to be a Crafter between them, helping them with where the work would be physically placed. The dragonets head a bit of the conversation before they butted in.

            "My piece is the strongest!" claimed one of the Artists, a male orange Flos, "it represents the bonds between all of the dragons of Terragon!"

           Looking over, Rougeoyer saw dragons linking claws around a globe, which was obviously Terragon. Some claws were recognizable, such as the Luminbrille's, the Flos', and the Caelum's. Others were only ones he could guess. Some had larger plate-like scales, where some seemed to have as much scale as the Luminbrilles.

            "Maybe so, but mine has the interpretation of the Gods in it!" countered a white Luminbrille Artist. Her art had too tie dyed shapes swirling around each other. For a second, Rougeoyer could've sworn that she just slapped paint onto a canvas and called it a day. But upon closer inspection, he could see the faint outline of two dragons unlike anything Terragon had ever seen. Of course, the design of Mayry and Hayry were based on trust. Legend said that when the first dragons of each species linked hands, a vision of the divine Gods appeared before them. They recorded what they saw and the description is what is used up to this day.

            "Settle down!" spoke the green Flos Crafter. His voice prevented a witty remark from the first Artist. The whole group, including the dragonets, awaited his decision. "Largeurs should go in the centre. It represents how even the smallest of groups can have such a big impact on this occasion."