Chapter 28

Emma's POV

Graduating High School was crazy and it felt like a huge weight had been lifting of my shoulders. Killian had decided to join his father and nothing made me happier then how I knew how happy that made him. Though my mother and I are on great terms my father and I still barely speak. Though I think he wants me to leave for college and only look back for them and for Belle.

"Well Emma we did it." Belle says.

"Yeah and I know I couldnt have done it without you. Thanks for everything." I say.

"All I did was help you study sometimes. You were always that smart." She says.

"No what I meant was thank you for making me go to that dance. If you didnt I wouldnt have met the one I love." I say.

"Well Im just glad Killian makes you happy. So have you told your parents yet? I mean Im sure your mom wont mind, but your father... He wont be to happy." She says.

"I know. He is gonna throw a fit or something. He sometimes acts like a child and its annoying, but Killian's with me and that all I need." I say.

"Well here they come best of luck." She says walking away.

Once Belle left my mom hugged me and didnt let go. I had to back away slowly to release her grip.

"Im so proud of you Emma." My mom says.

"Thanks. Im proud of me too." I say.

"Well I guess I can safely assume that this will be the end of you and that guy." My dad says.

"First off his name is Killian and no it will not be the end of us. Actually that what I need to talk to you about." I say.

"Dear god Emma we told you to not have a child at this age." My dad says.

"David you cant make that decision for her besides she never said it was a child. Now Emma please continue." My mom says.

"Thank you mom. First off Im 18 so you cant treat me like a child anymore. Secondly Im not pregnant. Thirdly I've decided not to go off the college. Im gonna enroll to online college. I realized I dont know what I want to do with my life so this is the best choice for me. I'll be working, going to school online, and Killian and I will be moving in to our own place. His dad is gonna help us out at first, but this is whats best for us and for me. So what do you think?" I question.

"Emma I think your happy and you really thought this off. So if you and Killian need anything let me know. I'll be there for you." My mom says.

"Well I wont be there to watch you ruin your life for some guy. I do not like this one bit. Your mother may be all for it and so may his father, but you have to count me out. Im not watching you make the worst mistake of your life. I just wont." My dad says.

He walked away and my mom followed after him to calm him down. Killian had heard the whole thing and just came over to me and hugged me. I placed my head on his chest and softly began to cry. I dont like that my father doesnt approve, but as long as I have Killian I know I'll be happy. Thats all that should matter is my happiness and with Killian I have it. So my dad might not be on my side, but alot of others are and that makes me feel better. As long as I dont lose Killian I wont lose everything. Killian makes me happy and with him I know Im making the right choice.