waking up from a good dream

It wasn't one of Bakugou's nightmares that roused Eijirou out of his warm, restful sleep. Nor was it an alarm.

It was the sound of the door bursting open.

"Hey bro, sorry to barge in — please don't blast me — but it's an emergency, I ran out of shaving cream and I was gonna ask Kirishima for some but he's not in his room and then I thought, 'Hey! You're right next door!' so—"

At the sound of his name, Eijirou startled fully awake. He sat up, groggy, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and yawning out a "Whaaa...?"

When his hands fell away from his face, his eyes locked with Kaminari's. His breath caught in his throat.

Uh oh.

"Uh...?" Kaminari froze in the doorway, squinting at Eijirou with his head tilted to the side, like it hadn't quite sunk in yet. After a beat, he glanced around the room — to the sleek furniture and All Might posters and other definitely-not-Eijirou's décor — and then he was gawking at Eijirou, wide-eyed, slack-jawed. "Uhhhhhh."

Eijirou could only stare back, equally horrified, his mouth opening and closing as his brain blanked on speech.

Then, a groan from the bed next to him, and his stomach dropped.

Oh no, no, no.

Bakugou rose, drowsy, muttering a soft "Who the fuck?". And Eijirou could literally see the 'oh shit' moment happen — Bakugou's eyes bulged, a tiny squeak forced itself out of his throat, and his entire body just, froze.

For a time, the entire room was frozen in place, save for Kaminari's head on a swivel. He looked from Eijirou to Bakugou. Then back to Eijirou. Then back to Bakugou, his eyes widening further and further with each head-turn, the blush on his cheeks and the tips of his ears deepening.

"Ah, wow, okay, uhhh," he shrilled. He cut himself off with a clear of his throat, and then another, deepening his voice back to its normal pitch. "Sorry to interrupt."

With that, he turned on his heel, strolled out of the room, and slammed the door behind him.

The room stayed frozen for a moment longer—

"...Ahhh, shit," Eijirou said.

—and all hell broke loose.

"You motherfu— Get back here!" Bakugou barked, tearing the blankets away with smoking hands.

"—shit, shit, shit, shit—"

"I said get back here, you bastard, I'll kill you!"

The blankets tangled around Bakugou's legs as he scrambled off of the bed, and he tumbled to the floor with a yelp and a loud thunk. A string of curses and small explosions followed.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, hold up, Bakugou—" Eijirou gained control of his limbs and clambered out after him, grabbing onto his shoulders until they were kneeling face-to-face on the floor. "Bakugou! Calm down."

Bakugou struggled against his grasp, eyes wild, trying to push himself up and toward the door. "He's gonna jump to the fucking wrong conclusions—!"

"—I know, I know, just, hang tight, stay put, let me talk to him, please."

Eijirou pressed down on Bakugou's shoulders, both to support himself as he stood his feet and to keep Bakugou down. He used his momentum to dart to the door.

"Oh no you don't—!"

"—Bakugou," Eijirou looked over his shoulder, pleading. "Please. Trust me."