last night I woke the fuck up

Fuck.

Katsuki flung his arm over his eyes and groaned.

Not this shit. Not again.

His heart was pounding so hard in his chest it ached, sweat beading on his forehead, palms smoking. It hurt to breathe, too, the air catching in his throat with every inhale, but he had to calm down. Eight counts in. Eight counts out. In, then out... then in... then out... then another frustrated groan.

Goddamn it.

He hadn't even been in the dorms for a full twelve hours, and his subconscious had already decided to go and be a complete fuck-up. Stupid fight or flight response. Goddamn quirk was too loud, too.

And he had neighbors now.

Fuuuuck.

This shit had better fucking stop.

Fuckin' hell.

Katsuki panted, taking in what ragged breaths he could manage, trying to shake off the chilling images of his latest nightmare. They weren't real. They weren't.

Katsuki closed his stinging eyes with a huff, waiting for the lump in his throat to go away and his nausea to settle. That happened sometimes. He'd get so worked up from a nightmare that he'd feel sick for a few minutes. When it cleared, he settled under the covers again.

But then there were shapes, faces, the shadows of his nightmares reaching out to him, threatening to take him back, claim him. His eyes snapped open again.

Just then, a door out in the hallway opened, then closed.

No way. No fucking way, he was Bakugou Fucking Katsuki. With his carefully crafted reputation, no one would dare confront him over some noise disturbances, not unless they wanted a blast to the face.

Except for maybe Shitty Hair. But, honestly, what were the chances that guy was his neighbor?

There was a knock on his door. A familiar voice.

"Hey, Bakugou?"

...God fucking dammit.

A good day looked like him knowing what day of the week it was, or him not teetering on his feet on the verge of passing out during their training briefs. Without assignments to fail, Katsuki wouldn't usually care about how exhausted he felt or what his classmates whispered about him behind his back... except that it was starting to affect his training, and that wasn't gonna cut it. He'd already gotten kicked out of training earlier that day. Fucking outrageous.

Not to mention that a certain piece of shit redhead thought it was a good idea to come prancing over to his room every night, butting his nose where it didn't belong and asking question after question as if Katsuki owed him a single goddamn thing. As if Katsuki didn't have enough bullshit to deal with already.

"Bakugou."

The firm voice snapped him out of his thoughts. His eyes focused again, looking across the room to the stranger in a leather armchair. With the haze in his brain, he'd nearly forgotten about this special brand of bullshit he was being forced to suffer through.

The shrink watched him expectantly.

"You know, to get anything out of this, you're going to have to talk to me eventually."

Katsuki slouched deeper into his chair and crossed his arms. He glanced at the clock on the wall. Fifteen minutes left. Then he could go back to his room and take a fucking nap.