Part 8

(Your Pov)

We arrived at the gate weapons in hand. A giant appeared in the middle of the castle a man laughed loudly at its feet.

"OUR RULER WONT TAKE THIS FROM YOU! BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE EMPIRE!" The man yelled laughing his smile.. it was terrifying..

I heard footsteps coming from behind us. I turned swigging my katana as I heard a familiar voice.

Leone.

"Hey! Easy girl!" She said a smirk on her face.

She's been out on a trip for a while. She's been trying to recruit civilians to help us take down the empire..

"I'm ready!" She said smirking as she punched her hand.

I glanced over at Akame her red eyes filled with worry. Tatsumi always told me akame was emotionless.. he didn't know her like I did.. she was a very caring person who loved her friends dearly but she would always focus on her mission.

"Alright split up I'll reach the top wall and tatsumi will take on the giant while akame and (Y/n) take on esdeath and her army.. I have faith in all of you return back alive.." Boss said.

Akame and I ran down the road reaching a clearing away from buildings.

A large army appeared in front of us. I held my katana tightly preparing to attack them. Citizens ran at soldiers stabbing them with knives and slicing them with swords.

I cut a few people blood splattering everywhere. I heard a loud explosion as I turned around quickly my (h/c) hair blowing in the wind.

I seen the giant come falling down crushing buildings and screaming people.

"W-wait tatsumi is over there.." Akame stuttered out.

"T-tatsumi!" I said in a panic running towards tatsumi. Akame followed behind me a worried expression on her face.

I seen a mangled body crushed by the giant.

I ran towards it my eyes wide. I stopped right in front of him my hand shaking. Blood was everywhere and his armor was cracked.

His face was covered in blood and he looked weak.

He opened his eyes a small smile slipping its way into his face.

"I'm sorry.." he said weakly. He broke his promise..

FLASHBACK

I ran after tatsumi a small smile on my face.

"Tatsumi! Listen.. please don't die on this mission.. I can't lose anymore friends.." I said my eyes tearing up slightly.

He hugged me and looked down at me since I was a little shorter than him surprising he's not very tall.

I looked up at him a confident smile on his face.

"Heh! I won't I promise!" He said letting go of me.

I heard Akame yell for me so I said goodbye to tatsumi and ran inside helping Akame with dinner.

FLASHBACK END!

"This is one promise... I won't be able to keep.. sorry (Y/n).." he said coughing a few times during that sentence.

"Tatsumi.. you've done well... thanks you for being their for me.." I said as he smiled one last time before closing his eyes.

I stood up looking over at Akame who looked angry and sad at the same time.

"I'll kill esdeath and everyone else who was involved in their deaths.." she said clenching her fists tightly.

We ran back to the clearing seeing citizens slaughtered and esdeath standing over her fallen soldiers and the people she killed..

She noticed us and smiled. She began laughing as she pulled out her sword.

"Akame? (Y/n)?" She asked replacing her smile with a frown.

I held my katana tightly ready to slice her head off..

I lunged forwards slicing my katana at her. She dodged just barely almost falling down but she quickly caught herself with this ice? Crystal stuff.. I wasn't sure what it was...

I jumped towards her inches from her face a wall of crystal I'll call it appeared in front of her face. My katana not able to make it through I jumped backwards. Akame glanced at me but shook her head and we both jumped at esdeath.

I brought my katana down above her head as she put her sword in the way of my attack. Akame was by her side about to cut her stomach. Esdeath kicked her away shoving me away with her sword. I slide across the ground as she walked towards Akame.

A giant ball of crystal hit Akame stabbing into her skin. Esdeath stepped on Akame a stomach with her heels causing her to Cough and scream in pain. I jumped up cutting esdeath arm. Black symbols began crawling up her arm she coughed up blood before slicing her own arm off.

My eyes widened as she laughed wiping her mouth.

Akame was back up and breathing heavily.

"Akame.. you okay?" I asked looking over at her quickly.

She coughed once more but replied back.

"..yeah! I'm fine!"

I jumped at esdeath kicking her leg causing her to fall. She made platforms with the crystal stuff jumping on top of them. She smirked before throwing a spike my way. I used it as a platform and ran up it towards her. She looked shocked as her eye widened. She jumped backwards falling off her platform. Akame shoved her into a rock before going to stab her. Esdeath dodged to the side kicking Akame side flinging her across the ground.

I jumped down at esdeath a smirk covering her face.

She turned around slicing my face with her sword. I scraped across the ground blood following me as I slid.

I felt my face feeling tons of blood. I tried standing up but fell back down again.

She jumped down I front of me her sword pointed towards my neck.

I was on my knees my katana a little ways away from me. I stared up at her with my dull emotionless (e/c) eyes.

It cut into my neck a little. She was about to kill me as she brought her sword up into the air about to bring it down.

The End! I hope you enjoyed this part! There only a few more chapters left!🗡⚔️