Chapter 3

3rd POV

Aerin held on tightly to the two fae beside her as night and wind swirled around them, the shadows had once restrained her thoughts to a whisper of what they normally were had long since disappeared. All she could do was hold on and hope this didn't end badly. Aerin blinked as the world materialised around her, revealing a few large cabins, many tents, and many, many Illyrian warriors.

Mud squelched beneath her toes as she stumbled away from the High Lord and his companion. She looked, bewildered, around the camp. "I thought you meant a nice place."

Rhys gave a half smile, amused, "I do, this," he gestured to the camp, "is only temporary." Rhysand lead her over to one of the buildings, "This is where you'll be staying for now."

Feyre knocked before opening the door and strolling in, Aerin hesitated for a moment before following her, Rhysand came in after her.

The house was small, but somehow held a kitchen, dining, and living room on the first floor. She assumed there were about three maybe four rooms on the second floor. The staircase was narrow and Aerin was left wondering if an Illyrian could even fit up it with the size of their wings.

An Illyrian warrior walked down the stairs followed by a blonde female that looked to be high fae. Aerin observed quietly from behind Feyre, she sensed danger and she didnt like it. Her ears flattened to the back of her head and her tail beat violently against her leg. "I thought I was staying here alone." She said viciously.

    "I never said that, did I say that Feyre?" Feyre gave him a look that said 'why did you bring me into this?' and sighed.

    "No Rhys, no you didn't."

    "If Feyre agrees it must be true. I never told you that you were staying alone."

    Aerin glared at him, " I hate you."

    "Good for you. Feyre and I are going to go back to the woods and train." He paused for a moment, "Have fun!" Before he promptly disappeared out the door.

    Aerin charged over to the door, shoving her hand out of it and flipping him off as she shouted, "FUCK YOU RHYSAND!" While Mor and Cassian shared a look that showed they thought she would fit just fine. Aerin sighed before walking away from the door. "So... Hi?" She waved awkwardly, only to be encased in an uncomfortable silence.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

    Mor and Cassian turned out to be unbearably nice. Both were a tad bit on the sarcastic side but... They were already like the friends Aerin never really got to have.

    She was lounging in one of the few recliners in the house, a couple days after being dropped off by Rhysand, when two figures slammed into the mud outside her temporary home. Aerin followed Mor and Cassian as they, viciously swearing, rushed outside.

    She stepped out the door to find Feyre storming away from a moderately injured high lord. Rhysand kneeled in the mud, bloodied wings drooping, as he desperately called Feyre's name.

    Feyre reached them seconds later, and it was all Aerin could do to not gawk at the faint scent of a mating bond coming from the female.

    Feyre paused her steps long enough to give Mor an angry look as she angrily demanded she be transported elsewhere, her voice cracking a bit at the end of her request. Mor only gave a slight pause, giving a momentary glance towards Rhysand, before spiriting Feyre away to who knows where.

    Aerin stood awkwardly to the side as Cassian helped the injured high lord inside the cabin, moving to follow them only after they had passed through the doorway.

    Rhysand groaned in pain as Cassian gently laid him down on the couch, and silently left the room for what Aerin assumed was a first aid kit.  She quietly slid onto the unoccupied part of the sofa.

    "What happened?" Her voice traveled softly through the room, filled with hesitation. Rhysand only looked at her, silent pain in his eyes, and shook his head. Aerin nodded in understanding, before padding softly up the stairs, mentally cursing how awkward the next few days would be.
____________________________________
    Hey guys, thanks for reading this chapter! The story should pick up more soon, I can't wait till Aerin sees Velaris!
     -Mystically, Azzy