Two

When he woke up, Bruce was looming over him, cowl down. Tim and Dick were guarding the door from both sides, keeping the rest of the 'sidekick' team out. He propped himself up on his elbows with a grunt, "Bruce? What the hell are you doing here?"

"Alfred said you never came back for check-in after your job, I got a bit worried," he said slowly.

"You?" Jason scoffed, "You got worried over a missed check-in? I'm fine--"

"You were shot."

"It happens all the time, with all of us! What's there to worry about?"

"The others have never once failed to return after a job for check-in and check-up. And neither have you, until now."

"And? What difference does it make compared to everything else I skip out on--"

"I think it's time for the team to get to know the family! The whole family, identities and all," Bruce declaired, cutting Jason off.

"We're going to what?" Jason hissed in defiance, hating the idea already, "I am dead, and you want to tell them that?"

"Yes, I do," Bruce said quietly. "Before something happens and it all falls apart again."

Jason knew he couldn't argue with that. He knew that tone. That tone, gentle and warm, scared him a little. He pushed himself up, swinging his legs over the side of the cot. "Well, fine."

Once Bruce had pulled his cowl back over his face and slung his son's arm over his shoulders, helping him stand, Tim opened the door, "B, why is Babybats here?"

"Call a meeting on my orders." Bruce helped Jason walk down the hall before passing him off to Dick, who happily helped. They quickly made their way to the training floor.

Damian, the current Robin, turned to Bruce, sending a small glare to his brothers, "What is the meaning of this, Father?"

"Father---Father?" Lagaan sputtered in disbelief, "This obnoxious brat is the Batman's son?"

"Don't pick on him or else," Dick snarled quietly, earning a quick nod in response.

"Damian! It's good to see you, hermano," Jaime chirped, clapping the younger on the shoulder.

"-Tt- I suppose," Damian scoffed.

Once chatter had died down, Batman inhaled sharply, as if expecting a hit or pain or something of the sort. Seeing him the slightest bit nervous made everyone there anxious, the feel of the room suddenly becoming rather tense.

"I believe an announcement is in order," Batman said, "before everything falls apart and someone gets hospitalized again. You will meet at the Wayne Gala tomorrow night, no weapons, no uniforms, and you will search us out or else we will find you."

"Father---!" Damian began to protest before being sent a stern look. He scoffed, turning away with his arms crossed over his chest. And yet Jason could tell he wasn't that upset, suppressing a smirk actually.

He had to hide his frown. He had been 'adopted' by Bruce once again, the public now knowing him as Jay Wayne, whom his siblings would sometimes 'mistakenly' address him like their 'deceased brother' thanks to 'similarities' in attitude and name. Everyone at the gala would be addressing him by his nickname and now he may be called out as Red Hood in public?

"No offense to you, Batman, but I'm afraid I must also object," Aqualad spoke up after a moment. "How is this even related to the team?"

"Because this is the one opportunity you will get to know our identities."

Dick suddenly grabbed his phone, checking a message he had received. He handed Jason off to Tim. "Sorry, B, I gotta go," he gave the big bad bat a quick kiss on the cheek before running to the zeta tubes. "See you guys at home!"

"What the--are you two--" Impulse, Bart Allen, looked between the bat and the zeta tubes as they announced Dick's depart, confused.

"No, they are not," Damian cleared it up. "He just has an odd habit of doing that. It's an issue."

"And how would you know?"

"I live with the infernal suffering of being in the same house with him every day," Damian shivered, adding a fake gagging motion.

"You and Nightwing are related? That's so--" Bart shouted, "crash!"

"Come along, boys," Batman called, already standing at the zeta tubes, "Agent A is waiting."