cнapтər ѕιх

Chapter Six
I drove over to Ethan's, thoughts swirling in my head. There was no predicting how he would react to my offer. I could only hope he would help me out.

Ethan had bought his own house earlier this year, so it would just be the two of us at his house. After being friends with him for almost two decades, my parents were totally okay with me staying over there. They, surprisingly, weren't worried about me.

I knocked on his door, praying he was inside. He opened the door and grinned at me. "Hey, Stel. How ya been?" He asked, his brown eyes bright with excitement.

"Great. Mind letting me in?" I replied. He opened the door wider, letting me slip in. It was raining, making the temperature absolutely freezing. I hate the cold, so I was basically shaking the water off of me once I entered the house.

"Seriously? I just cleaned! Now you've got dirty water spots everywhere." He complained, rushing to quickly wipe it up.

"Dirty? I don't even have a speck of dust on me." I fired back, watching him work.

"Not anymore. You were probably covered in dust from training yesterday and from tipping the tractors. The rain washed it off and you shook it off all over my house."

"Oops?" I giggled, heading to his living room. The house wasn't big. It was a two bedroom, one bathroom. But it was perfect for a bachelor, especially Ethan. He's never really liked having tons of open space. It makes him feel the opposite of claustrophobic, whatever that is. Which, sounds crazy to me. But, who am I to judge?

"So, whatcha need?" He stated, following me. I let out a nervous chuckle as I settled down.

"Nothing. Just wanted to see my BFF." I replied, giving him a wide smile.

"Come on, Hotshot. I know you want something. You have your favor face on." He softly smiled, waving at my face.

I let out a long sigh as I vibrated my lips. "Fine. Ya caught me," I confessed, glancing out the window. "I can't lie to you."

"I know. So spill. What do you need?" He nodded, seriousness working its way onto his face. His brown eyes studied me, trying to read the situation. Honestly, I could be asking for anything, though. I've done this act just so that he'd buy me ice cream.

"Okay, now. I know this is going to sound crazy to you." I began as I paced around the room, looking at his family pictures.

"If it goes against your parents I am not helping you. You know I hate lying to them-" he rambled, immediately shutting down my proposal.

"Please, hear me out." I begged, turning to look into his brown eyes. He paused, nodding his head for me to continue. "Look," I sighed, trying to find the words. "I need you to cover for me."

"No. You know I can't." He argued.

"Please, Ethan. It'll be easy," I spoke. "I'll do all of the lying. I'm going to tell my parents I'm staying here. Chill here for about a half hour, then leave for the night. I'll be back before sunrise." I promised.

"And what if they call looking for you? What am I supposed to say? I can't exactly mimic your voice. I'm not that talented." He frowned, the idea not sitting well with him.

"Then tell them I'm asleep already. Trust me, they'll believe it." I assured, licking my lower lip.

"Can I ask why?" He softly asked, studying me again.

"I'm going to see Nick." I quietly replied. I knew he wouldn't approve the reason why.

"Can't he ever meet you at a normal time?" Ethan groaned, rolling his brown eyes.