012 - STEVE ROGERS

TWELVE

☆☆☆

Steve and Natasha had entered an Apple Store so that they could use their USB before 'Shield' tracked them down. You were one of the workers in the store and immediately recognised the man walking in from the posters on your nephew's wall.

You hesitantly started to walk in the pair's direction, a friendly smile on your face. "Hi, can I help you with anything?"

Steve Rogers looked up from where he was and stared at the woman in awe. "Oh no, my fiancé was just helping me pick out honeymoon destinations." The red haired woman said beside him (who you recognised to be part of the avengers), quickly placing her hand's on Steve's shoulders.

"Uh..." The man said and you chuckled at how awkward he was. He still hadn't looked away from you and you were starting to feel slightly uncomfortable.

"There's no need to lie," You said casually and Steve tensed up as Natasha looked up quickly from the laptop. "I know who you guys are."

"Look, we're in a bit of trouble so-" You interrupted the soldier who had finally managed to get some words out of his mouth.

"So, if you need some help, there's a door at the back of the room that I will gladly escort you out of if you need to go." Steve glanced at the door then back to the mall where he quickly saw a shield agent moving swiftly with eyes searching.

"We've gotta move, now." Steve instructed and tugged at Natasha's arm as she swiftly removed the USB and followed you to the back of the store.

"I don't trust her." Natasha hissed as you unlocked the door and held it open quickly for the pair to move through.

"Well, I do." Steve said quietly but it was loud enough to make a small smile appear on your face.

"Follow me," You instructed, and the three of you ran down narrow corridors that were obviously used for deliveries. When you all finally emerged into daylight, you were met with a small staff car park that was barricaded off from the main one.

You went to move forward but Steve held you back with a firm hand as he peered round the corner and spied a couple of agents stood stationary in the large car park. "We can't get back to the car, Romanoff."

"Do you have a car?" The red-haired woman spun to you with a deadly gaze but you weren't put off by her distrust.

"Yes,"

"Good, we'll take it," Natasha mumbled as she swiped for the keys dangling from the young girl's hand. You were too quick, though, and held the keys in a tight grip.

"You can only take it with me." You countered back and she rolled her eyes.

"No way-"

"Natasha, we've gotta move. Just let her take us somewhere safe, alright?" Steve compromised, leaving the woman to sigh.

"This way," You mumbled and the three of you quickly made your way over to your car. "By the way, I'm Y/N."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am."

I got a bit carried away with this one, and I kinda wanna make it into a book