019 - SAM WILSON

NINETEEN

☆☆☆

You were serving at the cafe when a man had caught your attention. He was obviously trying to blend in, but he couldn't me more obvious if he tried.

"Sorry, is there a sun in here I can't see?" You asked as you slid into the seat next to him, placing your cheek in your upturned palm.

"Isn't there some drinks you should be serving?" He asked, distracted at something, as if he were already having another conversation.

"There probably is, but I was too distracted by this attractive man that is obviously sucking at blending in." You commented, tilting your head slightly at the sight of a smile on his face.

"That bad, huh?" He asked and you nodded in response. "I'm Sam."

"Y/N." You replied. Another man caught your attention, wearing the same attire as Sam, sunglasses, cap and a jacket. "I see you and your buddy are matching." She chuckled lightly just before the other man sat in the seat next to Sam. The man leaned forward to glance at you and you froze.

"Well, it was uh-" Sam started.

"And I see you're pals with Steve Rogers," You whispered, a blush forming on your cheeks as the pair glanced at each other. "So the disguise is for a reason, and now I feel like a complete idiot." You stood up slowly, wishing you hadn't approached Sam.

"You're not an idiot, ma'am." Steve said quickly, guilty that he had intruded their conversation.

"Hey, Y/N." Sam started to make you stay. "I'm sorry, you seem amazing, and I would love to take you out sometime, it's just..." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, wishing his life wasn't as complicated as it seemed.

"No, I get it. You don't have time to be seeing woman, and-"

"I don't want you to be in danger." Sam finished so that you blushed slightly.

"Well, if you ever do feel like dragging me into some danger, give me a call?" You suggested, placing a small piece of paper into his jacket pocket. "It was nice to meet you. And you, Steve." You said simply and walked off, leaving Sam to question whether a pretty girl had just placed her number in his pocket.

a/n
another really long
one but I love
Sam with all my
heart and this is
what he deserves