4. Party Tattoos

"All you will need for a rocking good time
Is a bunch of people who don't give a damn"
-Dodie (Party Tattoos)

It's become a daily routine for Michael and Calum to join us at lunch, now. Luke jokes about it being annoying, but it's easy to see that he enjoys their company, as well.

I wasn't too surprised when Ashton invited them over to my house for a sleepover. We were originally planning on going to his place, but Anne said she didn't want a bunch of teenagers tearing up her house. My mom is much more lenient when it comes to sleepovers.

It hasn't been long since our friendship has blossomed, but Calum found a way to come into the bakery every day to share chocolate strawberries with me. Next thing you know, it's already Friday.

I rode along with Calum to pick up Mikey and give them directions to my house. I waved at my mom and Anne, who were sitting on Anne's porch, as we entered my house.

"I'm telling you, pineapples don't go on pizza!" Luke screamed at Ashton while standing on the couch. He was running his hands in his hair out of frustration while Ashton was lying on his back laughing from the floor.

"Yes, they do!" Ashton waved his hands in the air as if it would make his statement more valid.

"What kind of sick bastard willingly puts pineapples on pizza? Ashton, you're a disgrace. We are no longer friends." Luke jumped in the air and landed with his butt on the couch cushion.

"Alright guys, we have guests tonight." Ashton sat up when he heard my voice and gave the two boys a small wave. Luke continued to act like he was mad at Ashton.

"Speaking of pizza," Michael spoke as he made his way to the couch. "Are we going to order any?"

"Mikey, you can't just beg for pizza at someone else's house," Calum scolded his friend before turning to me to apologize, "Sorry, he doesn't know any better."

I let out a small laugh before sitting down on the floor next to Ashton. "I was actually planning on ordering pizza, anyways."

"Oh good, I'm starving." Ashton let out a giant sigh before leaning his head on my shoulder. "Can we get pineapple?"

"We are not getting pineapple pizza," Luke groaned.

"Sorry, Ash. I think pepperoni will have to do." 

I quickly ordered the pizza online, due to me not wanting to make a phone call, and made sure Calum and Michael were comfortable. I was just about to set up the television so we could watch a movie before I heard Atticus barking from my room. 

"Wait you have a dog?" Calum asked with wide eyes and excitement written all over his face. 

"Of course I have a dog, what kind of person do you think I am?" Atticus is a golden retriever that my Mom and I have had since a week after we moved to Australia. Ash and I found him roaming behind the bakery one day. We decided to take him to my house and beg our parents to let us keep him. Anne was a lot less convinced than my mother, so he stays at my house, but he is just as much of Ashton's dog as he is mine. 

"Atticus!" Ash cupped his hands around his mouth as he called the dog's name. I smiled at the sound of his feet pattering against the wooden floor. 

Michael let out laughs of amusement when Atticus went to lick his face. "Hi there, big guy!" 

"Did you name him Atticus after To Kill a Mockingbird?" Calum asked while reaching over to pet him.