Chapter 4 Diagon Alley and ... Malfoy

Chapter 4

Olivia's POV

"Hey guys!!!" I screamed into Ed's ears.
"Hi, hi, hi. You are going to make me deft." Ed replied covering his ears with his hands. Cedric laughed and said,
"We decided on going to watch Goilderoy Lockhart's 'magical me'." He said dramatically making people look at us even when most teenage boys and girls' eyes are already glued on me and Ced. I don't know how can he put up at all these stares?!

"Seriously. He sucks." I replied hesitating, then added. "But I will join anyways."

We made our way towards Flourish and Botts into the crowd. Then, I bumped into someone.
"Sorry" I mumbled.
"Olivia."
"Hi Harry again." Before I could say anymore—
Lockhart leapt to his feet and positively shouted, "It can't be Harry Potter?" The crowd parted, whispering excitedly; Lockhart dived forward, seized Harry's arm, and pulled him to the front.
"You come as well. The nice looking one." He said looking at me. I rolled my eyes making my way to the front.
"Olivia." I shook his hand.
"Nice big smile, Harry, Olivia," said Lockhart, through his own gleaming teeth. "Together, we are worth the front page."
I struggled to not roll my eyes yet again.
"Ladies and gentlemen," he said loudly, waving for quiet. "What an extraordinary moment this is! The perfect moment for me to make a little announcement I've been sitting on for some time!

"When young Harry here stepped into Flourish and Blotts today, he only wanted to buy my autobiography — which I shall be happy to present him now, free of charge —" The crowd applauded again. "He had no idea," Lockhart continued, giving Harry a little shake that made his glasses slip to the end of his nose, "that he would shortly be getting much, much more than my book, Magical Me. He and his schoolmates including this young girl will, in fact, be getting the real magical me. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have great pleasure and pride in announcing that this September, I will be taking up the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!"

The crowd applauded. I dragged Harry out of the crowd giving my stack to Ginny before we were stopped by
"Famous Harry Potter and his girlfriend," said Malfoy. "Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page."
"Leave him alone, he didn't want all that!" said Ginny. It was the first time she had spoken in front of Harry. She was glaring at Malfoy.
"Potter, you've got yourself a double girlfriend!" drawled Malfoy. Ginny went scarlet as Ron and Hermione fought their way over, both clutching stacks of Lockhart's books. I stepped forward and yelled at his face;
"First of all, I am not Harry's boyfriend. Second of all, you are just jealous."
"You are?"
"I am Olivia. Now let's see, blondish white hair, mouse like features, arrogant nature, you must be a Malfoy. Ah! Malfoy Junior."
"Shut up blood traitor, you are no better than the mud blood."
"Is that meant to sting! Oh sorry. Ah!"I clasped my hands on my heart dramatically. "How do you even know I am a blood traitor. I might be a mud blood."
"You are part veela."
"I didn't notice. I see we have different perspectives of a blood traitor. I say people who are brats, that are arrogant, discriminating other people are blood traitors. I think your so called mud bloods are just people with the same set of mind, nature and maybe even better than people like you. You want to discuss about pureblood. Are you sure your families just that clean? The families that aren't as pure as you are the best people that ever sat on your family tree!" I spat in his face.Our faces were only centimetres apart. He was in a loss of words.
That is when Malfoy senior came.
"Everything's alright?" He asked the pair of us.
"Yeh. Nice to meet you Mr Malfoy. We were just discussing some different perspectives of some subjects." I said sweetly choosing my words carefully. I slowly stepped sideways to decrease the tension, it wasn't like stepping away, it was like showing dominance over us.
"You are?"
"Name's Olivia which will be all that will concern you, sir. Or Mr Malfoy." I retorted with my head high.
"Ah, nice too meet you. I see you've got along with my son very well, I am sure you two would be good friends."He said.
I snorted but replied,
"I am sure. Goodbye to you Mr Malfoy."
"See you at work, Arthur." He greeted and left.
"See you at school, Potter, Weasel," he said to them. "Olivia." Them, he turned trailing behind his father.

After they left, I burst into a fit of giggles that I most unfortunately failed to hide.
"Bloody hell! What was that!" Ron exclaimed excitedly. The twins agreed.
"Saw your fight, amazing it was!" Nell suddenly came, picking me up, throwing me on his shoulder. Ed and Cedric followed carrying stacks of books looking exasperatedly at us.
"Bye!" I waved at the red-hair family.