Chapter 1

...has contained difficult battles...

~3rd Person POV~
"Gimme' another, Mira." A certain pinkette groaned as he gulped down the contents of the mug in his hand.

"Natsu, I can't. That was your seventh one." Mira complained with a frown.

Fairy Tail's one and only fire dragon slayer, Natsu Dragneel, went into a deep state of depression when Lucy died.

He refused to eat anything other than Lucy's favourite food, and refused to drink anything but her favourite drink, and sometimes alcohol to drown out the pain.

Mira sighed.

"I know you're sad Lucy died, but it's been almost a year! You have to get over it." She said sternly.

Natsu scoffed.

"Sad doesn't even begin to describe it." He slammed his hands down on the counter and stood up.

He left the guild, but not before muttering something inaudible under his breath. The doors shut closed behind him, Happy trailing behind, a sad look on his face.

Gajeel sighed.

He looked at Wendy and she shot him a sad look.

Due to their enhanced hearing, they could hear what Natsu said, and it wasn't good.

Usually when Natsu acted like this, Lucy would be the only one who could stop it. Not even Erza could. But since Lucy wasn't there, there was nothing they could do.

"Should we go after him?" Levy asked Gajeel, looking up at him. She was afraid Natsu would do something bad.

Gajeel shrugged.

"He's in such a bad mood, I can't tell wether to go after him or let him sizzle." He said.

Levy sighed.

Wendy stood up and walked over to the two.

"I was thinking Levy and I could go to him. And Gajeel, you can come along to make sure Natsu doesn't burn us to a crisp." Wendy sweatdropped, knowing full well that he could and he would.

Levy nodded and Gajeel agreed.

"What did Natsu say anyway?" Levy asked timidly mid-walk. Gajeel and Wendy stopped in their tracks, frozen.

Gajeel stood still while Wendy turned around.

"I think it's best we don't say." Was all she said to Levy before continuing to walk.

Levy shrugged it off and followed the two, her mind turning to try and think of what Natsu could have said.

Wendy knocked on the man's door slowly.

"Natsu?" She whispered.

Happy opened the door.

"Guys! What are you doing here?" Happy asked.

Levy looked down.

"We came to check up on Natsu. Is everything alright?" She asked.

Happy shook his head.

"He hasn't come out of his room at all." He sighed.

The three stepped into the house, and saw it was a mess.

"Holy crap!" Levy exclaimed.

Happy shook his head in disappointment.

"Haven't cleaned the house at all since Lucy died."

The four went over to the board in the corner of the house.

"My first mission with Lucy..." Wendy read aloud.

"Lucy's maid outfit." Levy examines the dress and smiled slightly at the memory of her best friend complaining to her about the job.

Gajeel picked something up from the ground, a picture that had fallen off the board.

He flipped it over and saw the words, 'Me with my best friend!' The funny thing was that there were pink hearts scribbled around the words 'best friend'.

Gajeel immediately understood the situation Natsu was in and sighed. He reluctantly handed the picture to the others to read.

They realisation dawned upon them and they all sighed. Levy, Wendy, Happy, and Gajeel turned towards Natsus bedroom door. They looked back at each other and nodded in determination to bring the Natsu they know and love back.