A Fate Disrupted

"Are you alright Sheera?" Ike asked in a whisper as he slowly climbed out of the woman's sleeve.

"I believe I will be fine Ike." Sheera said with a with a small smile, though the words sounded hollow as she didn't mean them at all. "You can both come out. The carriage is empty."

"Just let us know and we'll beat them all up!" Rea suddenly flew out of Sheera's other sleeve, making light's sparkle in the air behind them as the two fairies landed on Sheera's lap while looking up at her.

"W-we might not be able to do much, but we can at least create a distraction so that you can escape!" Rea declared with her whole body shaking, and Sheera could only smile warmly at her friend who was willing to risk her life in order to free her.

"There's no helping it, Rea. This is what my father had decided." Sheera gave them her best smile, and both of the fairies slumped their shoulders while Ike quietly cursed to himself.

"Are you really fine with this, Sheera?!" Ike suddenly spoke, apparently not caring about the soldiers outside of the carriage anymore as his fists shook with frustration. "You... to a man like that..."

"What choice do I have, Ike?" Sheera asked. "It's what King Emric demanded."

Looking outside of the carriage's window while she spoke, Sheera facade vanished momentarily as she watched the line of human soldiers, shivering silently while she thought of what the future would bring. The Elven Territories that dominated the northern-most lands of the Kingdom of Ligan had been overrun by the frost trolls as the gigantic creatures had attacked them without warning. Now, thousands of elven refugees were fleeing to the south, hoping to find safety within the human controlled lands. However, in exchange for accepting the elven people, King Emric had demanded the hand of the elven elder's daughter. And so here Sheera was now, being escorted to the human capital so that she could become one of the king's wives so that her people could find refuge from the war-crazed frost trolls.

"Is everything well, Princess Sheera?" One of the soldiers asked as he noticed her sad look.

"I am fine, thank you." Sheera smiled at the man, knowing full well that is wasn't the soldier's fault that her fate had been condemned. "Please, do not mind me."

"If there is anything at all that we can do to make your trip more pleasant, please let us know." The soldier responded, though Sheera wasn't interested in being 'pleasant' right now as she thought of her friends. Most of them had fled south along with the other refugees, but Seren, her childhood friend, had been killed in the invasion. And even now, she was recalling the happy times that she had spent with him, from their adventures as children to the blooming romance that they'd had before...

"Please don't cry." Rea said softly as the small fairy hugged Sheera's finger. "If you ever need anything-"

"We'll do it for you!" Ike finished her sentience with enthusiasm. "I bet this Emric guy isn't even all that strong. I can probably take him."

"Thank you, but I'd rather not lose another friend as they try to save me." Sheera gave her small guardian a sad smile before Rea walked over and slapped Ike.

"Just be quiet you idiot! You're only making things worse!" Rea said harshly as Ike fell on Sheera's lap. Though she had already lifted her head from their conversation as she thought about her own words. The night that the frost trolls had come... was a nightmare. Many of the people who had taken care of her all of their lives had died in the surprise attack so that she could live, and she would never be able to forget the memories of their deaths... Moving her hands forward, she lightly held Ike and Rea inside of them, making both of the fairy's stop their conversation as Sheera prayed silently to the fae spirit that no one that she knew would be harmed again.

"Alarm! Enemies on the right side!" Sheera's eyes suddenly snapped open as several of the soldiers outside started calling out as several people ran past the carriage. Looking outside frantically, Sheera caught her breath as several men screamed in pain from afar before their voices were cut silent. Multiple projectiles struck the wood beside Sheera, making parts of the carriage detonate into clouds of deadly shrapnel before they were stopped by a bubble of faded light in which both Ike and Rea were trying their hardest to maintain.

"Frost trolls! Get the princess out of here-!" A soldier had been running towards the carriage until he was suddenly impaled, killed instantly by what appeared to be a three foot long icicle that had been launched from somewhere. And as Sheena started hyperventilating in fear from inside of the carriage, the sounds of fighting outside ended almost as soon as they had begun.

"Sheera! You need to run!" Ike suddenly yelled as the two fairys darted outside of the carriage's window. "Go now! I'm not sure how long we'll be able to hold them off!"

"No! Ike! Rea!" Sheera screamed from inside of the carriage, but it was to late as the fairies had already gone outside. Though, it was also to late for her to run as well as the sides of the carriage suddenly shattered as the ceiling was torn off, revealing one of the many beings from her nightmares.

Covered white feathers and large tooth necklaces from some kind of giant carnivorous, the giant blue-skinned man standing on top of the front of the carriage got a wide and toothy grin as he spotted Sheera inside. Slowly, he licked the tusks at the side of his mouth before reaching down and grabbing Sheera by the hair and causing her to scream again as he lifted her out of the carriage and held her above his head, suspending her in the air with his massive strength.

"Look what we found, boys!" The troll yelled out excitedly with a horribly accented voice, and the other twenty frost trolls around him started cheering as Sheera flailed in the air.

"Don't you kill her!" Ike's small yet loud voice yelled, catching the troll's attention before a shining white light flew into his eye and the frost troll let out a scream of his own.

Dropping Sheera back into the carriage, Rea appeared again, attempting to pulled Sheera up and out of the carriage with her small body until she gave up and landed on Sheera's shoulder instead.

"Please run! We'll try to hold them back so please-"

"Nooo!" Sheera cried as she looked up to see Ike slowly floating to the ground. The frost troll had caught him and crushed him easily before messing with his bleeding eye, and when the light fairy finally reached the floor of the carriage, the frost troll stepped forward and stomped on her friend's body.

"Sheera!" Rea screamed before the frost troll grabbed Sheera once again and punched her in the stomach, knocking the princess out and throwing her body over his shoulders before jumping off of the carriage and beginning to walk away.

"Come on! We've got what we came for!" The leader of the frost trolls snarled at the rest before letting out a string of curses as he fiddled with his ruined eye again.

"Sheera!" Rea cried out, watching her friend get carried off as she'd fallen to the ground after Sheera fell unconscious. But what could she do?! There were so many frost trolls, and even Ike...

"S-someone..." Rea started crying as the frost trolls disappeared from sight, using their frost magic that allowed their bodies to become snow and get carried by the wind so that they could travel quickly. 

"Please... Someone..." Rea cried, looking at the massacred guards and horses all around her. "Anyone... Please help!"