Dire Situation

"Aim for his heart!" Asal yelled as a bolt of lightning shot out of his hands before it detonated in a clouds of sparks on a barrier that Emric had surrounded himself with. And while the man had once been doing nothing but gloating and laughing as they attempted to defeat him, now he appeared to be taking things seriously as he spread all four of his arms out around him and started creating different types of magics in each one.

"Nothing any of you can do will be able to stop me!" Emric yelled before throwing his hands out in front of him and released a torrent of different elements that were all aimed at Ergen. Fire and water mixed together to create a stream of oncoming steam, which then mixed with both a poisonous fog and finally electricity until the final combination hit Ergen squarely in the chest. Instantly, Ergen found himself flying backwards through the air, being carried along with the momentum of the magic while his entire body froze as the electricity flowed through him. However, Ergen was more concerned with whatever type of acid that Emric had created at the moment as the substance seemed to be rapidly melting through the mithril armor on his chest.

At a snail's pace thanks to his paralyzed muscles, Ergen eventually managed to turn away from Emric's attack, allowing him to escape it as the electrified acid began destroying the buildings behind him. And after having to forget about the burning substance still on his chest for now as he had no way to remove the armor, Ergen turned to face Emric again only just in time to shield himself as a gigantic explosion erupted where the man had been standing. All of the nearby buildings and even a few smaller sections of the mountain were instantly shattered before the debris was carried away by the shock wave that followed the explosion.

Creating as much of his ice armor as he could to shield his head chest, arms and back, Ergen could do nothing by try to root himself to the ground as the area around him was destroyed completely. His entire body stung all over from the heat, though it was definitely more noticeable on his chest where the acid had managed to eat away at his armor until it's finally made it through his scales as well.

As there was nothing he could do about his wounds, Ergen could only sit and wait for the smoke and remaining fires in the area to clear out. And when it finally did, he was absolutely shocked to see that almost half of the entire city had been destroyed in the attack. And as he saw all of the blackened stone and ruins around him, Ergen wondered if anyone could had survived such blast as large as that one before he breathed a sigh of relief as at least two had.

With Sera's sword steaming in her hands, the ground behind her seemed to be intact as if she'd somehow managed to split apart the explosion with nothing but her sword alone. However, as Asal was all but collapsed in exhaustion behind her, Ergen figured that it had been a group effort of the two that had allowed them to survive the attack.

"More... I need, more!" Emric's voice suddenly became audible as the smoke finally dissipated around him. Even though he was the one that had supposedly created the explosion, his body was still blackened as  he appeared to have been hit by it as well. His open wounds struggled to regenerate as most of his body was attempting to heal, and Emric he had a wild look in his eyes as he saw that Ergen was still alive before he began casting another series of different magic attacks.

Sprinting forward as he didn't want to let the opportunity of attacking his weakened opponent slip by him, Ergen passed both Sera and Asal before he tackled Emric to the ground, using his teeth and claws to gouge even more wound's on the man's chest and stomach. Taking a moment to pin Emric's arms, Ergen opened his mouth and hoped he'd built up enough ice breath again to at least freeze the man's head. Though, that hope was in vain as only the top layer of skin on Emric's face was frozen from the mist that Ergen's breath produced.

Managing to free the arms on his left side, Emric managed to throw Ergen off of him before standing once again. However, Ergen continued his assault, attacking Emric from behind now as he grabbed the back of the man's head in his jaws and pinned Emric's arms to his sides again. There they struggled for several moments until Emric finally had enough of Ergen's attempts to keep him contained.

Yelling out in pain, Emric somehow managed to make his entire rib cage turn around inside of his chest and pierce through his back, impaling Ergen directly in the area where the previous acid had eaten away at both his armor and scales with several dozen of the sharp rib bones.

"This is the end!" Emric yelled, seeming to be both pained and enraged at the same time as he forced the bones deeper into Ergen's chest, causing the dragon to wince as he felt them digging deeper into his body. His eyes started to blur as Ergen fought through the pain to keep Emric restrained, and he continued fighting anyway as finally brought his tail around to Emric's front side and pierced that man's chest directly where his heart should have been.

After being stabbed by Ergen's tail, Emric had a look of shock on his face before he vomited what looked like several gallons of black blood. And when he was finally finished, Emric yelled again, and Ergen felt the bones once again go deeper into his chest until one of them pierced one of his lungs and Ergen felt blood rushing up his own throat.

"His heart..." Ergen heard Asal say in the distance, though his hearing was beginning to fade as Ergen felt for sure that he was dying. In the end, he'd pierced Emric's heart and it hadn't worked... There was no way that he could continue fighting in his condition, so Ergen determined himself to keep holding on to Emric in hopes that he would at least give Asal and Sera enough time to escape. This was it... the game was over, and in the end, Emric had emerged victorious.

Pulling the arms on his right side out of Ergen's weakened grip, Emric stared laughing hysterically as he started raking his own talons over Ergen's side while digging the bones even deeper into his chest. He seemed sure that victory was his as well before the stone ground beside them suddenly erupted to reveal thick vines. They rose from the ground like spikes until they suddenly shot forward like snakes, wrapping themselves around Emric's freed arms and once again managing to restrain him before Ergen caught sight of something that he hadn't wanted.

Rather than escaping, Asal had apparently used the last of his magic to restrain Emric's free arms while Sera was once again charging at their opponent. Asal was already unconscious and Sera didn't look like she was far off, making Ergen want to yell at them and ask why they were still even trying. Without him, both of them would surely die.

Roaring in anguish as he still couldn't speak, Ergen could do nothing but restrain Emric's left arms, feet and head as he watched Sera once again climb so that she could strike. However, as Ergen had already pierced Emric's heart, he wondered just where Sera was attempting to attack Emric until he finally realized what her intended target was.