Can't Stop Me

'These people led us here on purpose...' Ergen cried internally as he walked alongside the demon king's army. Once again, Ergen found himself in one of his least favorite places to be, and he was only thankful that he'd chosen to walk alongside them instead of remaining in the cage as the desert sun most likely would have transformed the bars into a barbecue grill otherwise. They had to have chosen a desert to walk through, of all places, and Ergen started to relive past experiences of both walking through the sand dunes in the Land of Legends as well of following the army of crabs in the ocean. Though, it felt almost strange to see his current situation as if it was two of his memories that had combined.

"It's sooo hot..." Rae complained from underneath Ergen's folded wings, seeming to have claimed a place on his back even though he was still angry at her. However, seeing as she was the only person that even seemed willing to get close to him, he tolerated her. Though he didn't blame anyone else for that fact as he still remembered killing his fair share of soldiers when they'd first captured him.

Sheera, as people called the elf that Ergen had saved, was still unconscious while riding with her people in the center of the army. Her father stayed close to her at all times, understandably worried about what she'd had to gone through before the day eventually ended and the army set up a gigantic camp. While they did this, all Ergen could do was snort in annoyance at them as he knew that this was the best time in which to travel. Or it was for him, at least, as he didn't mind the cold at all. Though seeing as he was outvoted a few thousand to one, Ergen laid down on the side of a sand dune and closed his eyes to sleep. And when he did, he winced slightly as his wounds started throbbing again.

Having taken multiple arrows and spears to his back and wings from the frost trolls, Ergen had several areas on his body that were horribly sore even though Rae had used her magic to try to heal him. The skin had closed around the wounds and the bleeding had thankfully stopped, though the pain was still there to remind Ergen time and time again not to reopen them.

As he began to relax and his pain started fading, Ergen's mind instead only seemed to fill with even more thoughts instead of sleep as he looked towards the future. His meeting with the demon king was one thing, however, Ergen was hoping that this trip would lead him to the oracle. Somehow, she'd known about him, and if she was anything like the fortune tellers in his last world than Ergen wanted to know just what the future had in store for him. He wanted to be prepared for it, or at least knowledgeable about it as he figured that his chaotic life had far to many surprises in it for his liking.

Ergen didn't know when he'd fallen asleep, though before he knew it he was woken up the next day by the sounds of the soldiers picking up their camps. Again, they all eyed him nervously, and that was perfectly fine with Ergen as he felt no need to make friends with these people whom he would possibly have to fight against in the future. He even wanted to distance himself from Rae, though she didn't seem to care about what he felt at all as she continued sleeping while tucked inside of his wings. And he decided that she'd slept long enough now before he stretched his wings and the fairy suddenly fell out of them with a small shriek.

Getting a few suspicious glances from the nearby soldiers as Ergen stretched his wings, none of them could do anything as he beat them only once before his entire body lifted off the ground and he was able to take off into the air. Several of the soldiers shouted from beneath him, gathering nets that would be useless as Ergen was already speeding away from the mass of bodies. And while they might have thought he'd escaped, Ergen had no such intentions as he started looking for food.

Ergen didn't know how long he'd been unconscious from whatever Farell had given him, but it had been long enough for the army to descend from the mountains and into a desert, so it must have taken days at least. And that ment that it had been several days since he'd had anything to either eat or drink. It was time to hunt, and Ergen didn't think that the demon king's army would appreciate it if he started eating their horses and other pack animals.

Closing his eyes for a moment to appreciate the cool wind, Ergen basked in the pleasure of feeling weightless as he soared through the air. The ground, which would normally would have taken him hours to walk across, seemed to pass by in a blur and Ergen could see every detail of it as he knew that this was what his enhanced vision had been made for. He could see everything from the small trails in the sand that snakes made to even the tiniest cracks in the hard ground where there had once been a body of water. And speaking of water, from this height, Ergen immediately found an oasis which seemed to have all of his needs in one area. Thankfully there didn't appear to be a giant fruit in the center of the pond, but there did seemed to be some kind of camel monster drinking from the water there, and to Ergen it was the perfect time to practice hunting prey while up in the air.

Still drinking from the oasis, the camel didn't seem to suspect anything before Ergen rocketed down from the sky and slammed into it, landing directly on the camel monster as the sand beneath them thankfully cushioned some of his fall. He hadn't ment to hit the ground quite as hard as he had, but thankfully he'd still gotten the job done as the surprised camel monster was letting out frightened calls from beneath his two front claws. And to his surprise, the monster had been quite a bit larger than what he'd expected it to be from the sky, though it was still smaller than the fenrir and thankfully less dangerous.

Ending the camel monster's life quickly, soon devoured most of the creature and drank his fill from the oasis. And with his basic needs satisfied, he was soon flying back across the desert in the general direction in which he had come from while searching for the demon king's army. And when he finally found them, almost every single soldier there looked surprised when he landed beside them yet again, having most likely thought that he'd escaped for good. However, while Ergen originally didn't have any intention of abandoning them altogether, he'd at least made one thing clear. He was no prisoner of theirs. He could leave at any time he wanted to, and there was nothing that any of them could do to stop him.