Chapter 37

ZION

Life is getting better for me. I have a family now. Zoya will be my wife one day and Zayda won't have to grow up without a father figure. But something missing. Ophelia is missing. The child services gave Ophelia to her grandmother since Gabbi lied to them and said she don't trust me around Ophelia.

Now all I have is one daughter cause Ophelia grandma won't let me see her at all. Fuck up huh.

Today, I'm going to the diner. Just to make sure things going straight. I grab Zayda baby bag, and car seat with Zayda in it. I walk to the car and put Zayda in the back. I strap her up real good cause I kind of drive fast. Once I was finish with Zayda seat belt, I put her bag in back and then went to lock the house door.

Later

I pull up to the diner seeing some cars here. Why is there a little bit of cars? Where is my customers?

I walk in with Zayda in my arms. Some people looked at me then turn their heads. One of my workers was worker fine but once she saw me, she rolled her eyes and scoffed. I want to know why people don't like me. I did nothing wrong.

"Hey, you must be the man that owns this place"this old man said. I nodmy head while taking a seat.

"Yeah, that's me"I said.

"You trying to figure out why your business is falling apart?"he ask.

"Yeah"I nod my head.

"The other day when the police came in and we heard screaming and hollering. We thought you did something to the poor girl but I was wrong. You didn't do anything"he said.

"The manager was selling cocaine to my baby mama. She was doing drugs in front of my daugher"I said.

"That's her?"he ask.

"No, this is my other daughter"I smiled. "Trying to get my other one back in my arms but her mom lied and said I would hurt her and Ophelia. But I would never do such a thing"

"You have to fight for what's right. Like go to the child services and tell them the truth"the old man said.

"And tell them what?"I ask.

"Tell them the truth for god sake. Tell them you never put your hands on her and her daughter"

But I did. I can't lie to them. Shit, what ima do?