~Heart Of Gold 1~

Angel

"Everything ready to go zack!?."I shout at my bestfriend as I walk towards the truck.

He runs out of the house the screen door shutting behind him.He runs down and over to me,He has a big smile on his face.

I chuckle and Double check the trailer,make sure all the vents are open and all 4 horses are ok.

Once im done checking I walk back over to the drivers side of my truck and get in.I start her up.I look to my right and see zack smiling like a goof.

"Yes?."I question,putting the truck in reverse and backing up.I hear him sigh deeply and I put the truck in drive and start to head out the dusty long pathway.Once we get to the road.I turn left and start to drive.I look over to see zack seeing him biting his lip.

"Angel...I...I think I l-"He was cut off by my phone ringing.I give him a shy smile and he glares out the window his smile leaving

I pick up my phone and see its Katy,kat and I have been riding together since we were 10.She was my bestfriend and sister to me all in one thing

I sigh and answer it.

"Yeah wassup?."I question. Keeping my eyes on the road

"Hey!.Um you are on the way...ahem right to pick me and jake up right?."

I roll my eyes.She called me for this stupid reason

I sigh deeply knowing she ruined a good moment between zack and I,She knows how much I have a total crush on him even though hes 20 and im 19.

"Yes?."she laughs lighty and I hear movement in the background

"O oh okay see yall soon."

"Mhmm okay now buh bye."I hit the end call and put my phone in the cup holder.I look over to zack and see him looking over to me.

I smile and He smiles small.

"What were you going to tell me?."I ask in hopes he will still tell me

"Anyway Angel,I was gonna say I Lo-"
Once again hes cut off by a phone ringing not by mine this time.Its his.

He sighs angrily and hits decline. I laugh a little but cover it up well with a cough.

I glance back towards him.

"I was going to say that Angel Summers,I love you,I always have and probably always will.Now I know you dont feel the same and -"

I wasnt listening to him anymore,He had me at I love you.I pull the truck over it bouncing and I put it in park.

I open my drivers side door and rush over to his side.I throw it open and pull him out of the truck.

"Angel?.What are you do-"
I slam my lips onto his and his hands land on my waist.He pulls me closer to him and both of our hats fall off.

His lips were like a tall glass of water that he put out on my lips. We pull away for air and I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I love you to"I say in a whisper,in all my 9 years of knowing him.He does love me back,He does like me back

I smile big at the thought and bury my face in his neck,inhaling his scent.Horses and cologne.

I pull away and he kisses my forehead

"Will you be my girlfriend?."I laugha and nod my head.

"Yes."I say picking up my hat and placing it back on my head.

He does the same and pecks my lips softly.He pulls away and climbs back into the truck.

I walk over to my side of the truck and climb in.I put her in drive and head off to go pick up kat and jake.

Once we get to there house,They run out happily holding hands and get in the back of the truck.

"Hey yall!.Angel you ready for your race?."The thought made pounder me for a moment .

"Yeah I guess so."I say pulling out of her drive and back onto the road.I knew we had 4 more hours to go.So I put the truck on curise and drove with my left hand put my right hand on the center console

I feel a warm hand grab my I look down to see zacks hand intertwined with mine and I look up to see him smiling really big.

I hear akward coughs in the back,I look in my rear view mirror to see kat and jake cuddled up looking at oyr hands smirking.

"Thats my boy!."Jake hollers.Zack whoops and I laugh and keep driving

"Get you some gurl!."I glare at her playfully and keep driving,enjoying the moment.