Backstory

This is just a bit of backstory for my story; telling some of the things that have happened in the past 25 years. If you think it's boring go ahead and skip to the next chapter where the story actually starts; but you might be slightly confused.

          In my story, the second generation of Mysticons retired ten years ago. Before this story happened, Queen Goodfey, Darius, Gawayne, Proxima, the Vexicons, Malvaron, Zarya's unnamed husband and Kitty's unnamed husband have all died. Also, children of Mysticons are born with certain magical powers.

          At the time of this story, Arkayna and Malvaron had gotten married and had two daughters. Arkayna is the new Queen of Gemina and Zarya is her advisor. Zarya has a set of identical, twin girls.

          Piper now owns and operates an orphanage and doesn't have any kids. She hasn't really aged much at all, being an elf. Em and Kasey got married and have three kids. Kasey gave up life as a sky pirate and together, he and Em took over Skypies from Mama Kalamari. Kitty has two kids and is continuing her life as captain of the Pink Skulls.

         Kyle is Kitty's 18 year old son. He's the strong, silent type and is generally considered to be the calmest and most sensible of the kids. He's the first mate of the Pink Skulls and Vivyan's boyfriend.

          Shaylia is Arkayna's 17 year old daughter. Her magical power is teleportation. She's very bossy and arrogant; the worst part is, she's genuinely got something to brag about.

          She's a top level Astromancer with extremely powerful magic and she's a genius. Her biggest flaw is easily that she doesn't really have any emotions and finds it very difficult to understand how normal people function.

          Vivyan is Zarya's 16 year old daughter. Her magical power is telepathy. She's rather smart, sweet and sarcastic. She spends her free time painting or playing musical instruments and is Kyle's girlfriend. Her identical twin sister, Mystica tends to be pretty much the opposite.

          Mystica's magical power is magical energy transference but she can't really control it; draining the magical energy of whoever she touches and releasing it in tremendous blast waves when she gets upset.

          Because of that, she regulates her emotions very carefully and avoids people as much as possible. She's very tense and always ready for a fight, even if she's asleep. She spends her free time working out and training.

          Everyn is Shaylia's 15 year old sister. Her magical power is invisibility. She's very clumsy, only slightly smarter than average and even more powerful than her sister.

          Unfortunately, she doesn't have the slightest clue how to control those powers, even her invisibility. She was kicked out of Astromancer Academy on her first day because she accidentally demolished the entire place when simply trying to demonstrate her invisibility.

          Shaylia despises her for that and doesn't treat her very well. Arkayna tends to be very busy as queen, so Zarya and the twins are more like a mother and siblings to Everyn, who is very shy, quiet and downtrodden.

          Chrysocolla (Chrysy, for short) is Em's 14 year old daughter. Her magical power is super strength. She's just as good at engineering as her mother, as good at lying as her father and as good at sword fighting as both of them. She spends her free time helping out at Skypies.

          Copper is Chrysy's half-identical twin brother. His magical power is super speed. He's not really good at much of anything and rather resents his sister for her many talents. As such, he tends to just spend his free time annoying her as much as possible.

          Kaddy is Kyle's 14 year old sister. She's a con artist, sneak thief and fashion expert. She delights in making mischief and making everyone else envious of her.

          She utterly refuses to let Mystica close herself off from her and because of that, is Mystica's best and only friend. And although she would never admit it, Mystica is also her best and only friend. Her trouble making has made her pretty unpopular and somewhat lonely.

          Chalcopyrite (Pyrite for short) is Em's 10 year old son. His magical power is super agility and flexibility. He's autistic and very sweet. He likes to try to help his family out, especially Chrysy, who is his hero, making Copper even more jealous.

           If you're still reading this, thank you, that means a lot to me, since I have never shared any of my stories with much of anyone because I'm not very good at expressing myself using words.

          Also, if you're wondering about Moonboon, I haven't seen any solid evidence of it yet and it doesn't work in my story. Or, if you prefer, they were together once, but broke up and stayed friends.