{3} Back in Vale

Four Years Later...

"Can't believe I'm setting foot in Vale again after so long." {It's about damn time.} {Ten years, yes?} {You sure you want to be back here? And in the same academy as your sister?} "Yeah." My hand subconsciously slides to my necklaces, the only things I have from when I left. One for Ruby, one for Mom. "I'm sure."

Pulling my glove on, I release Rebellion from it, the sword materializing in its spot behind my back. The blade is far from its original color of dull grey, now a vibrant red from the blood it's absorbed. I pull my earbuds from my pocket and plug them into my scroll, turning on my original music playlist.

The time has come and so have I. I'll laugh last 'cause you came to die. The damage done the pain subsides, And I can see the fear clear when I look in your eye

I'll never kneel and I'll never rest. You can tear the heart from my chest. I'll make you see what I do best, I'll succeed as you breathe your very last breath

Now I know how the angel fell, I know the tale and I know it too well. I'll make you wish you had a soul to sell, When I strike you down and send you straight to hell

My army comes from deep within, Beneath my soul and beneath my skin, As you are ending I'm about to begin, My strength is pain and I will never give in

I'll tell you now I'm the one to survive, You'll never break my fate or my stride. I'll have you choke on your own demise, I make the angels scream and the devil cry

My honored brethren
My honored brethren

We come together
We come together

To unite as one
To unite as one

Against those that are damned

We show no mercy
We show no mercy

For we have none
For we have none

Our enemies shall fall

As we uprise
As we uprise

To claim our fate
To claim our fate

Now and forever
Now and forever

We'll be together
We'll be together

In love and hate
In love and hate

They will see
We'll fight until eternity
Come with me
We'll stand and fight together
Through our strength
We'll make a better day tomorrow
We shall never surrender

I'm so engrossed in the music that I fail to notice the explosion happening two feet away from me. The girls next to me are a girl with the Schnee logo on her clothes and a girl with a red cloak and silver rose brooch. I take one earbud out. "Watch where you're going, idiot! You could've died!" I roll my eyes. "Sorry, Princess." "It's heiress, actually." I raise my eyebrow in annoyance. "I care, why exactly?" She fumes and pulls a rapier out of nowhere. "You dare talk like that to a Schnee? En garde!" I just smirk while drawing Rebellion from its holder. The sword screams for blood, the way it always does when used in a fight. "Listen, Princess. You really don't want to fight me." "Oh, shut up." With those words, she launches herself at me using a glyph. Easily blocking the weak attack, I replace Rebellion with Yamato, the katana I 'acquired' four years ago on that train. When she charges me again, I pull the blade from its scabbard with extreme speed, creating a large gash on her stomach. "I told you." Sliding Yamato back into its scabbard, I keep walking towards Beacon, the cloak wearing girl just staring at me. "You don't want to fight me." Despite my hair being pure white for the past ten years, I've dyed it h/c in order to not stand out as much. I mean, that Winchester kid carries around a freaking MACE! How can you stand out more?!

"So it is true. You are attending beacon, Soldier." I know that voice! Turning around, I see the face of someone I haven't spoken with in two years. "If it isn't Blake Bella-fucking-donna. How've you been girl?! I haven't seen you in what, two, three years?" She looks at me with annoyance. "Fuck you." Then she smiles the smallest smile I've ever seen. "It's been too long. How're your, ah, mental roommates?" {Did she imply you're crazy?} "Shut up, Nero. They're, you know, them. Dante is loud and stupid, Vergil's cold and smart, and Nero is, well, Nero." {FUCK YOU!} I smile while the three of them yell at me. Blake laughs, and it honestly makes me feel warm inside. Like I stepped into a sauna after being in a meat locker. "Still persuing a music career?" "Well, stealing from big-shots got too easy. Music is ruthless, but it pays better. And you? Where's Adam? Still, y'know, with them?"

She looks down at the floor. "Yeah, he is. But not anymore for me. I'm done with that life." I nod. "You and me both. C'mon, let's get the opening ceremony." We start walking towards where all the new students were told to go, when a blonde woman who probably teaches here pulls me off to the side. "I'll catch up with you later, Blake!" She shakes her head while smiling, and I notice her ears are covered up. "AND TAKE OFF YOUR BOW!" She flips me off for that. Worth it.

The woman drags me to room with four things: An old man, a table, a chair, and a plate of my favorite cookie type. "Hello, Mr. Xiao Long, I-." "DON'T. Call me that." "-am the headmaster of Beacon. My name is Professor Ozpin. I'm here to offer you a job. Oh, and please, have a seat and cookie. Your sister loved them. I'm guessing you might as well." He gestures to the chair across from him, and the plate of cookies. Taking my seat, I grab a cookie and slowly take a bite. Holy shit, these are good! "So, what's this job?" "I'd like you to assist Ms. Goodwitch here with her combat class. In your other subjects you'll still be a normal student, but it would certainly help Ms. Goodwitch if you accepted the job." "Am I getting paid for it?" "Yes, howe-." I slam my palm on the title. "Done. I'm in. On one condition." "Go on." "Under no circumstances will I be called Y/N Xiao Long. He died ten years ago. I'll only respond to L/N, or Rose-Branwen. Deal?" I hold out my hand. "Deal. Welcome to Beacon, Mr. Rose-Branwen." Ozpin shakes my hand, and I point to the cookies.

"And I'm keeping these."