{4} Opening Ceremony

"I'll.....keep this brief. When I look around this room, I don't see ordinary students, I see  hard workers, creative visionaries, natural leaders. I see huntsmen and huntresses in training. I see bright minds that are willing to do what it takes to finish their training. And so, in conclusion, I would like to welcome all of you to Beacon Academy. Now, I'll hand things over to Miss Goodwitch and her co-teacher."

Glynda and I walk up to where Ozpin is standing. "Thank you, Professor Ozpin. Now, as none of you have been sorted into teams,-" "You'll all be sleeping in the ballroom. I'll be guiding all of you there, as well as joining you. Tomorrow is your entrance test, so shut the hell up, go the fuck to bed, and wake up before eight'o'clock. That means you, Miss Xiao Long. No nightclubs." I walk over to the door. "This way. Come on, now. I'm still taking the damn test too, so don't lag behind." I love the look on Yang's fave when I single her out from the entire body of new students. Again, worth it. Walking into the ballroom with the other students, I see Blake sitting on her own by the window, reading another of her damn books. So, being great friend I am, I decide to say hello again. By stabbing Rebellion into the ground about six inches to her right. "This spot taken?" "Didn't know you were a teacher." "Got the job today. I start after the entrance exam. Don't think I'll give you a higher grade because you're my friend. Now let's get some sleep." With that, I passout next to Rebellion, sitting upright against a wall. Thanks, God, now I'm going to be sore in the morning.

The cliff above the Emerald Forest, at 8:10 AM.

"Man, my back hurts." I stretch my back while Ozpin explains the test. Just gotta get a piece, get back, and stay alive while doing so. Somewhere down the line, I see the Schnee girl back from the infirmary. "That was fast." Farther down, I see Yang, her hair still amazingly, horrible looking. Cut your damn hair, Yang! The cloak-wearing girl seems really fired up about this, hell even has her weapon already drawn. Good, God, that thing is massive! It's like twice her size! Blake, even farther down, is standing reading another goddamn book! "TAKE OFF THE BOW, AND STOP READING, BLAKE!" "SCREW YOU!" The platforms next to me launch their respective students, so I know my time's almost up. "I could, but I gotta go." And I am forcibly ejected from the cliff, where I use Rebellion's Trigger mode to glide farther than I would normally.

Landing in the ruins, I grab a black king piece, "Simple." then turn and see Yang. "Hello, Miss Xiao Long. I would say it's good to see you, but that would be a lie. I still despise you and your father. By the way, have you found Mom yet? Or did you give up?" The tears well up in her eyes as she realizes who I am. "Y/N. It's really you." "Correct, give the lady her prize! What does she win?" Within seconds, Rebellion is at her neck. "A sword one inch from her neck unless she backs the fuck off!" "Very funny, asshat. Now gimme that chess piece!" She attempts to grab my piece. Emphasis on attempts. I just hit her with the flat of my blade, sending her back into the forest. "You're not getting the piece!" Blake walks out the forest where Yang did, and grabs two white knight pieces. "I'll take care of her. Seeya at team formation." "Seeya Blake." I run back towards the cliff, while a blonde boy gets sent flying towards the chess pieces. "Smart guy. Except the landing." I use Trigger mode again to speed things up and jump to almost two yards above the clifftop. As long as I don't get hit by a Nevermore, I'll be golden. And then a giant Nevermore with the red girl and the Schnee riding it knocks me out of the sky. "Sorry! I'll make it up to you later!" The red girl's apology gets lost in the wind. Meanwhile, I try correcting myself so I land on the cliffside. It almost works. Almost. By which I mean I end up hanging off the edge by my sword. "WELL. THIS IS PLEASANT. A LITTLE HELP, OZPIN?"

I reach my hand up and feel someone grab it. Pulling Rebellion out of the rock and up with me, the person helps me climb over the ledge. "Thanks." "No problem! Told you I'd make it up to you!" When I look up, I see the red girl who knocked me out of the sky. "I'm Ruby, by the way. You?" My eyes widen. Think of a name, think of a name, think of a name. "Dante." My little sister smiles at me. "Nice to meet you, Dante. Sorry again about the Nevermore thing." I stand up to see the Schnee girl fuming. "It's nothing, really. Thanks for helping me out, Ruby. Seeya at team formation." "Seeya Dante!" I run off again, a million thoughts going through my head. Why is Ruby here? Why was she riding a Nevermore? God, if you're listening, give an answer. A book flies out of nowhere and hits me in the head. Opening it, I find a letter on one page, a picture of a middle finger on the other.

Dear Y/N,

Your life is a fanfic.

From, Author.

P.S. 🖕🏻 stop breaking the fourth wall. IT'S EXPENSIVE, DAMMIT!