PROTECTION

not requested
taekook; bts
angst, fluff; 987 words
now playing; only time by enya

tw: bullying, self harm

who can say where the road goes
where the day flows? only time

"Slut."
"Whore."
"Bitch."
"Fat ass!"
"Go die!"

The words that taehyung can only hear whenever he walks the halls of Seoul High.

Taehyung had enough of it and he knew that it would only get worse if he tried to stop it but he was uncertain. He knew he was weak and with no one by his side he knew he just didn't have a chance to stop the insults.

He had tried everything. He tried being nice by smiling at them, waving at them, picking up books, opening the doors but of course nothing worked. He was powerless.

He was used to this routine.

and who can say if your love grows
as your heart chose? only time

--

Taehyung woke up with cold sweats and heavy breathing. He was having the same nightmare. The one where his dad and mom constantly fighting because of him.

His dad yelling out "we should just leave that faggot. let him rot in the streets," and his mom defending him.

who can say why your heart sighs
as your love flies? only time

Taehyung groaned and held his stomach tightly. Taehyung made his way to the bathroom and looked at the top cabinet. The one that contained his valuable treasures.

Bandages, some knives, and a blade.

He picked up the blade and carefully made new cuts away from the cuts he had made before he went to bed.

He groaned softly at the new feeling. His arm was now paralyzed and he sighed softly. Thinking if his schoolmates would be happy if he died early than expected.

and who can say why your heart cries
when your love lies? only time

He grabbed a couple of bandages and covered the cuts that were bleeding the most. His head was buzzing and he couldn't even stand straight but he kept going.

He walked to his wardrobe and pulled out some clean clothes. He moved out of his family's apartment when couldn't handle the fights anymore and his aunt was nice enough to lend him an apartment.

He made his way to school to expect the same thing everyday. Glares, disgusted looks, and some whispers about them roasting him.

But he didn't expect the most popular guy of Seoul High at the gate locking eyes with the latter. Taehyung looked down as he locked eyes with jeongguk, his crush.

Taehyung walked faster to avoid the students and his crush but was pulled to jeongguk's chest instead.

who can say when the road meet
that love might be in your heart?

Gasps were heard and attention was all over taehyung and jeongguk.

"W-what are you doing?" Taehyung whispers. Jeongguk looked down and smiled softly.

"Hyung," jeongguk's breath was nuzzled in taehyung's neck and jeongguk's breath certainly made taehyung's cheeks light pink.

"Just stay with me," jeongguk continues talking and taehyung's cheeks finally turned red.

Jeongguk notices and chuckles softly. "You're so cute hyung," he whispers so soft so only taehyung will ever hear it.

After the catastrophic day, taehyung finally made his this house and plopped down. His phone vibrated signalling him that he has a new message but taehyung freezes because he never tells anyone his number. Never.

Taehyung reaches towards it and sees an unknown number.

He smiles softly as he squinted his eyes to see it was jeongguk. The jeon jeongguk was messaging him asking if he was alright. Taehyung answers and found himself hours later still texting the younger.

and who can say when the day sleeps
if the night keeps all your heart?

Taehyung's eyes became heavy and jeongguk took it as a signal that the older was sleepy when taehyung stopped texting him.

--

The next day, taehyung found jeongguk waiting for him again. Taehyung smiles softly and took the hand jeongguk extended. They walked the halls of Seoul High hand in hand and taehyung finally knew he was gonna be happy with jeongguk by his side.

Weeks passed and soon enough seasons changed. The two latters was always found with each other and taehyung wondered who he was in jeongguk's life.

So taehyung asked when they were sitting next to each other looking at the distance waiting for the sun to set. Taehyung breaking the silence. "Kook," taehyung whispers. jeongguk hummed telling tae all of his attention was on him.

night keeps all your heart

"W-what are we?" taehyung asked so low jeongguk almost missed the question but he didn't. Jeongguk smiled and looked at tae like he was his whole world. Jeongguk cupped taehyung's face and pecked taehyung's forhead.

"Whatever you want tae," jeongguk answers back reassuringly. Taehyung thought for a second and as soon as 'boyfriends' popped into his head his cheeks started heating up and jeongguk giggles.

"What do you have in mind taetae?" Jeongguk smirks and taehyung was officially red. Taehyung took his time to calm down his breathing and have confidence to ask jeongguk.

"W-wh-what about boyfriends kookie?"

who can say if your love grows
as your heart chose? only time

Jeongguk smirks pecking taehyung's lips and nodded his head. Taehyunh smiled, his mouth forming a box shape smile and jeongguk almost melted.

"Boyfriends tae. You're mine forever now and I'll protect you from now on. If you ever think about cutting ever again I'll be here to remind you that I'm never leaving," jeongguk's whispers reassuring taehyung. Taehyung hummed and straddled jeongguk.

and who can say where the road goes
where the day flows? only time

"You're mine too kook. Forever."

"Forever tae. Forever."

who knows? only time

--
I don't really know if the song goes with it but i was currently listening to this so...
06/10/18
I purple you💜