Chapter 1 - Just Another Day

"You are such a fucking white girl." Minh snorted distastefully, glaring daggers into the boy standing in front of the counter and looking about a hairbreadth away from pouncing across the sleek surface to choke the slightly younger teen out. The boy appeared particularly disgruntled today, looking as if his nerves were walking on a thin wire that bounced and swayed with the lightest breeze, one wrong move would likely cause him to snap and finally commit that homicide Stephan always knew he one day would.

Of course, that wasn't stopping the brunette from having his fun.

"Au contraire, I have never yet successfully made out with a random guy at a frat party." Stephan informed snydly, lips curling up into a mischievous smirk as Minh let out a disgusted gag as if the very image disturbed the barista to the point of hurling - Stephan only hoped Minh didn't actually decide to puke in his drink, no way the brunette would put it past Sir Asshole McFuckYou.

Stephan's drink... That's how this all started. Well, unless you count Minh's upbringing resulting in the guy becoming the biggest prick to ever prick but the stupid drink had been the beginning for Stephan - And he was the star of this story, not Mr. Assholery over there.

So, maybe Stephan was a little picky when it came to his coffee, he could admit that. The brunette was a third year college student studying full time to become a medical scientist for fucks sake; so to him, caffeine was a serious business! There was no shame in it! He needed his coffee done right if he didn't want to end up like Minh, A.K.A: Asshole of the Century.

The only place that could provide the necessary amount of caffeine (See: A Fuck Ton) combined with just the right amount of sweetness to soften the blow without making him feel like an obesity epidemic waiting to happen happened to be a tiny coffee shop just off campus grounds, literally called "Just Off Campus Grounds." Stephan had always been weak for puns and had tried virtually every other no-name coffee shop he could run to during his daily hour break between classes only to find weak caffeine dosage and excess sugar intake at every turn, so Just Off Campus Grounds was really the only feasible option he had.

It was perfect. The atmosphere was soothing. The smell of dark roast, freshly ground coffee wafted through the air, accentuated by the sweet compliment of small baked goods that Stephan was always tempted by but never actually bought. The seating was posh and comfortable but rigid enough to give Stephan some structure when he needed to work on school stuff, which was actually always, so that was a huge plus. And, best of all, there was a charging outlet right beside his favorite seat. Paradise, truly... Except for one teeny, tiny, miniscule detail.

Minh. Minh was the teeny, tiny, miniscule detail that was actually none of those things and was more accurately described as a huge fucking problem. See, to put it plain and simple, Minh despised Stephan. Straight up, death glare everyday, loath the ground the brunette walked upon hated - For no good reason! Really! Okay, so maybe Stephan's drink specification took up the better part of a full length sheet of paper but that was really no reason!

Even bigger problem, Minh was hot. Like, drop dead, fell from heaven - or more likely hell - leave you speechless and hopelessly crushing at first sight hot. Seriously, for every molecule of hatred Minh had, he must've gotten an equal dose of sex-on-a-stick potion. It was horrible. Stephan firmly told his dick he should not feel the slightest bit aroused when some fuckface glowered at him like he wanted to slam him into a wall - Nor should Stephan ever think those words again. God. Please, boner, have mercy - yet here he was, constantly unsure whether he wanted to choke Minh or be choked by Minh.

On a much more important note; aside from his amazing arms and perfect hair, Minh was the only one who seemed to know how to read a fucking sheet of paper. Whether it was because the boy was the only one with half a brain cell in the entire workforce or because the entire world was conspiring against Stephan, the fact remained: Minh was the only person on the face of the planet Earth who could make Stephan's coffee the way the brunette liked. So every day, without fail, Stephan would be right back at the familiar counter of that stupid little coffee shop, glowering haughtily into the blazing eyes of an extremely pissed off, extremely sexy barista. The things the boy did for love... Love of coffee, that was of course, because Stephan totally hated Minh with equal passion.