Chapter 12

I stood on the beach. It was night. Stars shined brighter than anything I had ever seen before. A fog blew across the ultra-calm water. I turned to see no one around but something on the beach in the near distance. A cool wind blew my hair back as I started through the sand feeling heavy, and almost foreign in my body as I headed toward the balls in the sand. The closer I got the more I felt sick noticing hair blowing on the balls. When I got close enough to see my legs gave out from under me as I wailed into the silent night. Mom. Serene. Dustin. William. Hunter. All their heads sat in a row on the sand facing me, deep read blood soaked the white sand beneath them. I sobbed another scream out, clawing at the sand, it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.

"Shhhuh my child it isn't real." Nails clawed through my hair. I flinched away in the sand looking up at my aunt. Her blue eyes glowing, red hair shinning.

"You." I whispered with pure hate pointing at her through narrow, and swollen eyes. "You did this."

"No." She shrugged simply looking at her long nails. "But I will if you don't just give in." Her eyes fell back on me. My breathing was heavy with panic as I spun back to the heads in the sand. Vomit rose in my throat. I held my stomach as I slowly stood. "That's it child." She cooed. As I tore my eyes away from their heads and looked out at the dark ocean.

She was in it then arms open to me in her true form.

"That's it." She whispered backing into the water. "Follow me."

I began forward giving up. I had lost everything. Everyone. There was nothing else to live for.

A hand took mine, cool, and ruff sending my body through a rush I knew too well. I turned away seeing Dustin.

"Alayna! Wake up!" He yelled to me. Dark hair blowing in a ruff wind, face ragged from loss of sleep and yet so handsomely beautiful. I felt the loss all over so painful it jolted me back to the water. He gripped harder. "Dammit Alayna wake the hell up!" His dark eyes glowed gold as he fought to hold onto me. The wind increased.

I blinked seeing Hunter before me. I felt the water hit my heels. I cried out and fell forward into his arms. He caught me dragging me away as fast as possible causing us to fall into the sand me on top of him. My body convulsed in a short spasm but it must have not been enough to cause as much of a change like the salt water bucket had. I tossed myself off of him and blinked up at the sunny sky. My heart raced. I touched my body to make sure I was actually here and not still dreaming. It had seemed so real. Their heads. Dead. The blood.

"Are you ok?" Hunter reached for me.

"You were dead." My head fell in my hands. "You were all dead."

"It wasn't real. She got in your head. Dammit I knew it wasn't good to be here." He grabbed my arm and pulled me up then basically dragged me off the beach. Luckily no one was really around. This park was normally secluded. But the few stopped and stared. One even had a cell out and was recording it. Great I'd be the next freak show hit on YouTube.

I managed to get him to stop pulling when we hit the road.

"Dustin got into my head. I felt him. How?" I crossed my arms feeling all sorts of violated. Hunter turned to me running a frustrated hand through his golden hair.

"I never really understood it but I am assuming it's like when a werewolf imprints on someone you become more deeply connected. Able to reach the dream realm together, communicate mentally. It's a connection so deep that when one dies the other will too within days. I have heard stories that when a vampire finds their soul mate that is sort of what happens. It's very rare though because they try not to find that person unless it's another vampire due to the fact that they are immortal."