Chapter 1: The False Crime

1 day earlier...

"What an explosive ending, folks!!! After a staredown, Alpha's shiny Charizard has collapsed and Garchomp is still standing! This means the winner of the battle, and still Sinnoh's reigning champion, is Cynthia!" the announcer exclaimed.

Alpha was devastated on the inside, but he knew that his most faithful and loyal pokemon did its best. "Return Charizard, and I truly thank you," he mumbled. Alpha then walked towards Cynthia and shook her hand.

"I thank you such an action packed battle and wish you good luck as the champion," Alpha said.

"I thank you, too, Alpha. That was one of the greatest battles I had in years. I wish you good luck in the leagues next year," Cynthia responded.

Alpha is a teen, 14 years old, and wore grey sneakers, a navy blue hoodie, and striped black and grey sweatpants. He had the great honor of successfully winning the Sinnoh League tournament, but just was not able to pull through in the battle for the title of Sinnoh champion. So, with the league championship over, Alpha packed his bags, restored his pokemon, and left towards the airport. He arrived at the airport and took off towards Kanto, his home region. As the flight went on, thoughts were spinning in Alpha's head.

"Could I have won? Did I not train Charizard enough, or for that matter, train any of my pokemon enough? I made it so far, so what were my flaws?"

Alpha's conflicted mind kept him busy through the entire flight, silent as he contemplated all the possible things that made him lose. Soon enough, he had arrived in Kanto and started to home. All of a sudden, along the road, one of his pokemon came out. It was none other than Charizard.

"Grrrrrr," Charizard growled. He seemed concerned for Alpha.

"I'm fine, Charizard. It's just... just... I could have won! I feel like I could have you guys more trained, get us a little more pumped. But instead, I got too confident and we lost..." Alpha moped.

It was then all his pokemon came out and walked with him, all trying to get him to feel better. Alpha thanked and returned them, including Charizard, since he was nearing home. He arrived in Pallet Town, a quaint town with fields and gardens, and classic five-sided wood homes. Alpha knocked on the door of his best friend's house and someone opened the door.

"Alpha, nice to see you again, sweetie," said non-other than Delia Ketchum. "What an amazing tournament you had! It was unfortunate you lost to Cynthia, but a beautiful battle nonetheless," Delia cheered.

"Thank you Mrs. Ketchum. I wonder, is Ash and company with you now?" Alpha questioned.

"I'm afraid not, young man. Your companions including Ash wanted to go to your house. They seemed rather startled by something, and left to tell your mother." Delia replied.

"Strange. Not like them to do something like that. But why my mom specifically. They didn't tell Mrs. Ketchum what had startled them so much," Alpha thought.

Alpha thanked Mrs. Ketchum, and ran to his house. He rang his doorbell, and the door was unlocked. No one actually opened the door. All he heard a feminine voice blurt out, "Come in."

Alpha opened the door and found his mother and his friends sitting in the living room. Some had faces of anger, others sadness, remorse. Alpha studied them silently until one spoke up.

"Alpha is what the news says true?" Brock Stone, the former Pewter City gym leader and now pokemon breeder, asked.

"What do you mean?" Alpha said, confused. Brock said nothing but instead grabbed the TV remote and put up a clip from the recorded list. It was a breaking news story claiming pokemon enhancing drugs were found in Alpha's hotel room, stashed in a cabinet. Alpha was shocked, but at the same time angry. His feelings died down, when he realized that his friends were startled by this false news about a crime he did not commit. Alpha had realized his companions were actually starting to believe this Bouffalant crap! He was zoning out...

"Alpha. Hello, Earth to Alpha!" Dawn Berlitz, the high ranking pokemon coordinator and owner of famous pokemon model, Buneary, called out.

"Sweetie are you okay? Just tell us whether or not you did drug your pokemon," Mrs. Trenton demanded, Alpha's mother.

"Should we call the police?" May Maple, another top coordinator, asked.

"I don't know," Max Maple, May's brother, replied.

"Do it."

Alpha finally looked up, in pure anger and denial that none other than his best friend, Ash Ketchum, an amazing trainer and winner of the Battle frontier and Orange Island league, had just said to friends to call the police to arrest Alpha. Alpha was thinking too long, and the police were on their way.

Alpha finally spoke, with venom in his voice. "Is this really what you think Ash! All of you! Even you, Mom! Trusting strange news rather than your best friend! You all know I train with pure intentions and it was pure skills that brought me to where I am today, Sinnoh League tournament winner!" He scolded. They backed up, starting to see something surrounding him, some black glow that seemed to push Alpha's 'friends' away. But then, Alpha realized he disregarded one person in the group, the love of his life, Verity.

Alpha's glow and anger died down, and he stuttered, "Ve-Verity, d-do you bel-lieve  this too?"

Verity stood up with sadness in her eyes and replied a sad, "Yes. I'm afraid I do."

Alpha collapsed, and just sat on his knees on the floor until he heard sirens. He grabbed his bag and ran. Ran into the forest, past the forest to Mt. Moon, and even past that till he got to Cerulean City. Panting and aching, he took out Charizard.

"We need to go Charizard. Take me to another region, as far as you can. We can't stay where I'm being manhunted." Alpha pleaded.

Charizard roared in agreement and took Alpha on his back, headed to a new region, a new life in seclusion and peace.