Chapter 4: Biggest News of the Year! A New Tournament... And a New Friend!

It was the middle of the night, and Alpha was setting up camp. Before heading to bed, he decided it was a good time for his new legendary pokemon to get to know his team, as well as train with them. That way, if any 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 battles ensued, Rayquaza would have good chemistry with Alpha's other pokemon. He finds a clearing and decides it is a good place for training.

Alpha's team for future reference:

-Flygon

-Gyarados

-Charizard (Shiny, Mega stone, Dragonium Z)

-Rayquaza (Shiny, Mega, knows Dragon Ascent)

-Electross(Electrium Z)

-Muk (Alolan)

-Trevenant (Breakpoint Gold)

-Aggron (Mega)

-Crobat

-Gallade

-Tyrantrum

"Alright, team. Were going to train but I want melee moves. I don't an explosion to wake everyone up. Especially you, Rayquaza. I don't want anyone chasing me for a chance to steal you." Alpha warned.

Alpha set up sparring pairs and allowed his pokemon to do battle. Big moves such as giga impact and seismic toss did make some explosions but in the mmiddle of the forest no one heard. Once all his pokemon were exhausted, he led them back to camp except for Rayquaza, whom he stored back in it's pokeball, so he doesn't attract attention. Alpha and his pokemon fell asleep.

The next morning, Alpha heard growling nearby and realized his pokemon were gone. He followed the area he had heard the growling and sure enough, he found out his pokemon threatening a person. She was a young girl in a satin blue and white dress, with black sleeves. She also wore designer heels and seemed like a Pokémon performer you'd find in Kalos.

Really scared, the young girl called out, "HELP!!!"

"Stand down, can't you see she's harmless." she heard a voice say.

The pokemon looked back and returned into the forest, and red beams of light formed where the pokemon stood. The girl realized the voice came from the trainer of the pokemon. She strained her eyes when she saw a dark silhouette appearing from the trees. An older teen emerged, around 16-17 years old she thought. He had tanned skin with a few face scars, with a bandana around his head. He wore a short red tank top which exposed his lower torso and had a muscularly built body. His legs were covered with black sweatpants and he wore old basketball shoes and he didn't seem like a teen to mess with.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Umm... m-my n-name's Bl-Blanche," she stated hesitantly and scared.

Alpha burst out laughing. Blanche went from scared, to blushing embarrassed, then finally upset. Alpha laughed because he had not realized how menacing he looked, but he decided to keep it to himself.

"What are you doing in this part of the forest, Blanche?" Alpha asked.

"I-I was umm... continuing my pokemon journey. I'm a performer from Kalos who wanted to do performances in Hoenn," Blanche said a little more trusting this time.

"Well Blanche, I'm a pokemon trainer.  The name's Alpha. I'm travelling as well. I'm Westward bound from here and If you'd like to follow me to get more information about me and the region, I'm fine with it. But that is your choice," and Alpha walked away.

Blanche pondered if she should come with the mysterious trainer.  She noticed most of the pokemon were rare and she hasn't seen pokemon like his. She ran towards Alpha and caught up with him.

"Wait up!" Blanche exclaimed.

Alpha stopped and looked back. Blanche was running towards him so he decided to wait. When Blanche reached his side, the two continued walking. No one said anything until Blanche broke the silence 10 minutes later.

"So... Alpha, whe're you from?"

"Pallet Town in Kanto. Where are you from, Blanche?" he said simply.

"I'm from the Kalos region. What are you here for in Hoenn?" Blanche wanted to know.

"I'm competing in the Pokémon league here. I'm collecting gym badges to gain access into the league. Well, you're a performer, so what are you doing in a region with no performances?"

"I wanted to try out the contests here, because I heard you also dress your Pokémon in these contests which I did in Kalos."

"But do you battle? In contests you need to know how to battle as well."

"Oh well, I guess I got wrong info then..." Blanche sweat dropped.

"Well since we're traveling companions I guess I could help you battle. What Pokémon do you have?"

Blanche released 2 Meowstic, one male and one female.

"Do you have any others?" Alpha asked.

Blanche said no and Alpha facepalmed. Alpha explained you needed more Pokémon to battle in contests and realized the meowstic looked weak to him and needed more training. So the two decided to make a deal; in exchange for training and catching Pokémon for Blanche, Alpha would get his Pokemon groomed since it seemed Blanche knew how to do for her performances. Alpha decided to do the deal since Blanche seemed like one of those happy-go-lucky girls who haven't experienced what Alpha has.

2 months later...

Blanche has gotten some good help in Alpha. She was not as cringy as Alpha thought she would be but the two made a good friendship and system. She now has a Gardevoir and a Grumpig in her team and Alpha got some better clothing, but he grew his hair out and sleeked it back like a 1980's greaser. However, Blanche feels like she knows Alpha from somewhere but doesn't know where until she asks this question.

With a gasp, Blanche asks, "Alpha, what's your last name?"

"Trenton, why?" Alpha was confused but trusted Blanche.

"You were sentenced to jail for drugging your Pokémon!"

Alpha suddenly got colder at the thought of that time, and immediately felt anger and sadness rise within him.

"So you know that time. What are you going to do now, Call the police!? I wanted to move pass that! It's been 3 years!" Alpha raged.

Blanche whimpered and raised her hands in defense. "No, no! I actually was going to tell you that you were declared innocent after a trial which you did not attend since you were declared missing. Some guy named Tobias framed you but was caught on camera and sent to jail for 10 years," Blanche explained.

Alpha was surprised but relieved. He never heard that he was innocent! However, he remembered he was the only person other than Cynthia to beat Tobias. Maybe the loss affected Tobias mentally and wanted Alpha out of the tournament. But Blanche wasn't done. She said Tobias claimed he had an accomplice named Ash Ketchum but all evidence pointed to Tobias and Tobias only. It was then Alpha made a startling theory; Ash was jealous of Alpha for making it so far in the tournament and wanted Alpha out.

Before anyone can talk again, Alpha got a call from Brendan.

"Yo Alpha. You're going to want to listen to this! A new tournament, hosted by all the champions! It's called the Master Cup, and it decides the newest Pokémon Master, where trainers and champions fight alike! Best of all, the winner is declared Pokémon Master and ultimate champion of all the regions!" Brandon exclaimed.

Alpha beamed a large smile. He asked where and when the tournament was and it was held in Kalos in 1 week. Brandon was going and Blanche wanted to go as well. Alpha was sent a link from Brandon and it explained the rules. Nothing against legendary Pokémon. Blanche doesn't know about Rayquaza yet and alpha needed to keep it in secret.

"Alright Blanche. We're headed back to Kalos."

"Oh come on! I was there just a few months ago!"