Chapter 6: Rock-Hard Ruin for Misty!

Previously, our hero, Alpha Trenton, and his Eelektross gave Misty's Gyarados a surprising defeat with a Z-move after Gyarados mega evolved. Now Alpha has all three Pokemon for his battle left while Misty is down to two.

"Return Eelektross," Alpha Commanded.

Everyone but Alpha seemed surprised since Eelektross seemed it can still battle, but the organizers of the Tournament, the regional champions, saw a chance to reveal a surprise and contacted the referee.

The referee asked both trainers, "Since both pokemon were called back, would both trainers like to change the terrain?"

Misty asked, "What does this mean?"

The referee replied that there is an underground system where different fields with different terrains are stored, and by permission from both trainers, they can bring a random terrain up from the system into the stadium.

Both trainers then said, "Yeah, why not."

The lake terrain disappeared underground with a heavy shake and soon after a terrain that was half forest, half plains appeared.

Misty called her second pokemon out first, and a green, bipedal from with a swirl on it's belly appeared. It's swirl was yellow and so were it's three fingered hands and three toed feet. It also had pink cheeks and an antennae-like head piece.

"You remember Politoed! It defeated that worthless charmeleon of yours back in a battle when you were still accepted with Ash and us." Misty, still salty from last round, rudely said.

Alpha let out a growl, and his eyes dilated into slits like a snakes's eye. He then, sent out a monstrous looking bipedal carnivore, resurrected from a primeval era. A true king of reptiles. It had a crown-like crest, large jaws, and white feathers surrounded it's neck, making it look like a divine being. It was mostly brown with tan, rock like spikes along it's back and at the end of it's tail.

"Let's teach her a lesson, Tyrantrum!" Alpha roared. So did Tyrantrum after he was summoned, only it's roar was simply deafening and almost everyone but Alpha covered their ears.

"Tyrantrum, end it quick with a rock slide!" Alpha called.

"Dodge 'em Politoed! Then use Ice beam at Tyrantrum's legs." Misty demanded.

Politoed tried to dodge as many as possible but the numerous rocks caused it to be hit by one. Getting up right away, it then fired it's ice beam, freezing Tyrantrum's legs in place.

"Use rain dance, Politoed! Get some power while Tyrantrum's tied up." Misty's pokemon then engaged in dance-like gestures, forcing a rain storm. It was then Alpha smirked and Misty looked confused at the amused Alpha. Then he revealed what he was waiting for and Misty looked mortified.

"Now that the ice has melted, used thrash! Then follow up with rage crunch!" Alpha ordered.

Tyrantrum freed himself with small flamethrower to slowly melt the freezing ice. It charged at Politoed knocking it back in front of Misty. It was then it had a red, visible aura surrounded it and bit the still standing Politoed, forcing to faint from the absolute power of the attack.

"Politoed is unable to battle and that means Alpha is winner of the second round," the ref declared.

Misty returned her Pokemon, mumbling "thank you" to Politoed as it was being sucked into the device and Alpha rubbed Tyrantrum in affection before substituting it. Alpha's old group looked on in terror as they slowly realized Misty might not have a chance to win this battle.

"Misty's struggling. It seems bleak since not one of her pokemon have effectively affected Alpha's Pokemon." Brock, Pewter City Gym leader, sadly declared.