Chapter 2: Hoenn Welcomes You and Your Flying Spirit!

After 2 days of non-stop flying, Charizard had no option but to land. Alpha woke up from his sleep and thanked Charizard for his persistence. After feeding his pokemon and allowing them to drink, Alpha returned his pokemon and decided to try and find civilization. He came across a large city and asked the nearest person what region he arrived in.

"So you're new, I see. You have arrived in City! Hoenn welcomes you!" the older man exclaimed.

Alpha smiled and thanked him. Since he was in Hoenn, he decided to meet up with an old friend. Reaching an apartment building, he knocked on a door on the 9th floor. A good friend and rival answered the door.

"Wassup Brendan. How's life treating you?" Alpha said.

"Alpha! You never told me you were coming to Hoenn!" exclaimed Brendan, who pulled Alpha into an embrace.

"It's a long story that I have enough time to talk about."

Alpha proceeded to describe the story about the false crime and how his companions, even Ash and Verity, betrayed him and almost got him arrested.

"Oh wow... I saw the story but I took no consideration of it since I knew you would never do such a thing. But why did our friends believe it?" Brendan asked.

Alpha replied, "that I do not know. But what I do know is I'm itching to battle! I need to take my mind off that experience."

"You're on. Let me get a friend of mine so we have a referee," Brendan explained.

Alpha walked to the park where he found a good battlefield. Deciding what pokemon to use, he looked up when Brendan called his name.

"Hey Alpha, you remember my dad, right!" Brendan called. Alpha did know Brendan's dad, after all, he was one of the gym leaders that gave Alpha a great battle, and brought Alpha one step closer to getting to the Hoenn finals. The finals were a battle to remember, since it was a battle between Brendan and Alpha, but Brendan beat Charizard with his Swampert.

"You ready, Alpha!" "Ready when you are Brendan!"

"The match between my son Brendan and Alpha will now commence! This will be a one on one battle. Trainers, send out your pokemon!" Norman exclaimed.

"Bring the pain, Swampert!" Brendan called out.

"I knew it. Fly in, Flygon!" Alpha called out as well.

"You have the first move Brendan!" Alpha yelled.

"Very well. Swampert use mud shot!"

"Use the field! Whip up a Sandstorm!"

Dust and sand covered the field. When it cleared, Flygon was nowhere to be seen but Alpha still gave a command.

"Flygon, dragon tail!"

Flygon appeared from above and dropped down onto Swampert's head, almost knocking it out.

"Don't let up! Finish with solar beam!" Brendan would not allow that. "Swampert use Ice beam!"

The two attacks collided, but the solar beam started to overpower the ice beam.

"Swampert get out of the way!" Unfortunately, Swampert's size and exhaustion kept it from moving too far and the solar beam made contact.

"No, Swampert!" "Swampert is now unable to battle, meaning Alpha is the winner!" stated Norman.

"Great battle, Brendan. Swampert fought well." Alpha complimented.

"I agree, it was a great battle. You can actually beat me!" Brendan confidently said.

Alpha simply said, "Shut Up..."

"Haha! I never would have thought Flygon would learn some new moves, since it was so powerful already," Brendan addressed.

"Thank you, me and Flygon trained a bit more than usual for the Sinnoh league." "Flygon-fly"

"Let's head back. We should get some food." Brendan declared

"I agree. I haven't eaten in a while," replied Alpha. As if on cue, both his and Brendan's stomachs growled, making them both and Norman sweat drop.

As they ate, Alpha was pondering whether or not he should crash at Brendan's or find his own place to live in. After all, his great tournament run gave him a nice sum of cash. However, it would be a little late to find a place by tonight so he finally asked Brendan.

"Yo Brendan, mind if I crash at your place until I can..." Alpha was intruded.

"Of course man. You can crash as long you want. I could use the company," Brendan said with a wink.

Norman said goodbye to Alpha and Brendan, and the duo walked back to the apartment complex, reminiscing good times before Alpha's leave for Sinnoh. Alpha looked at Brendan and saw comfort, and he knew his good friend will help him in his tragic situation.

3 years later

We meet a young man running up the stairs within a large pillar, so tall it seems to be touching the sky. Panting, exhausted, he continues to persist until he reaches the top, where he is met with a majestic sight; the legendary serpent dragon Rayquaza.

The young man is who we know as Alpha, who has changed over the past 3 years. Gaining a more muscular build, longer hair, and a slight mustache. He wears a red bandana around his hed, a black tank-top, orange sweatpants and white running shoes. He is now a top the Sky Pillar, the resting place of Rayquaza, and much to his delight Rayquaza was flying around on the roof of the pillar.

"Brendan, we got 'im. I'll try to get Rayquaza while you guys distract those two big buffoons."

"You got it. These guys are giving us a run for our money, or more importantly, our lives. Woah, watch out!" Brendan warned.

Those 'buffoons' Alpha refers to are Kyogre and Groudon, who have taken hold of their respective orbs and reverted to their primal forms. As you can guess, they are clashing for territory, but it may destroy Hoenn. That's why Alpha is trying to bring Rayquaza to end the battle while Brendan and other gym leaders, as well as the elite four and champion Steven Stone, who has met Brendan in past experiences.

"Brendan, how much longer for your 'friend' to bring in the cavalry. Our pokemon can't handle battling this intense, and those two are dealing bigger attacks by the minute. Metagross, look out!" Steven called out.

Brendan gritted his teeth; with only his Sceptile left  and the rest of the pokemon getting exhausted, he knew what he had to do.

"Alpha, we need some help. Send us 2 of your best," Brendan radioed in.

"Alright. Flygon, Gyarados, I need you to help the others. Go!" Alpha demanded.

"Now, for the fun part. Rayquaza, I ask for your assistance in the fight against Groudon & Kyogre!"

Rayquaza finally noticed Alpha's presence and gave a blood-curdling screech in denial of the young man's demand.

"You want to be that way, so be it. Let's battle! Go, my ever-faithful companion, CHARIZARD!"

"GRAAAAAAOOOOOOOLLLL!"