~Chapter Four~

Harry's trial had been a few days ago. I had been told that it went well and that he will not be expelled from Hogwarts. I still hadn't spoken to him since he called me a death-eater and a 'dark princess'. I wasn't really angry with him. I understand why he was upset and I realise that it wasn't directed at me. 

My hunger had gotten the better of me so I decided to go downstairs for breakfast. The room was full of people; about half of them had red hair.

The noise dampened a little bit when I walked in. However, I think Fred and George noticed the awkwardness so they started having a loud conversation with Kingsley Shacklebolt about different types of chocolate. 

There was a spare seat next to Nymphadora and also next to Harry. I decided that I would rather face the strange metamorphmagus than Harry and our uncomfortable relationship. 

I slid in next to her. She smiled at me and picked up platter of toast and offered it to me. I thanked her and grabbed a piece of slightly burnt bread. 

I picked at the darkened crust and popped a piece in my mouth. I never fancied toppings on my toast, preferring it plain. 

Conversations buzzed around me, but I kept my gaze firm on the wooden table in front of me. Since Cedric's death I had retreated further into myself, finding it harder and harder to engage in normal conversation. Fred, George and Ron were easier to converse with as they were so relaxed and funny. Plus I had known them for years so I trusted them more than the rest of these strangers. 

Mrs Weasley stood up after ten minutes, she was holding a bundle of envelopes in her hands, "I have all your school letters here." she walked down the length of table handing each of us our letters.

I opened my letter to reveal a new list of books. I sighed, where was I going to get the money for all this? 

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and I turned quickly to see Mrs Weasley. "Don't worry, dear. We'll take care of this." she said taking list. "To make up for the way we treated you." 

I smiled at her generosity. I knew that the Weasleys were not very well-off, so I greatly appreciated her offer. 

-----

The station was packed with students and parents preparing to head off to Hogwarts. Sirius had come with us to see Harry off at the station. However, he had come in his animagus form as he was still a wanted mass murderer. 

I boarded the train with the Weasleys, Hermione and Harry. 

"Shall we go and find a compartment, then?" Harry said to Hermione and Ron. They exchanged looks. 

"Er..." Ron started.

"We're--well--Ron and I are supposed to go into the prefect carriage." Hermione said with difficulty.

"Oh... that's okay." Harry said. I know that he was little jealous of their positions. I guess after all he's been through for the school and Dumbledore he expected a little more recognition.

"Do you want to go find a carriage?" I asked. He looked a little shocked that I wanted to sit with him.

"Yeah sure." 

He followed me down the hallway. I found an empty compartment about halfway down. I sat across from Harry and there was an uncomfortable silence for a minute. 

"Listen--"

"Renn--"

We both started speaking at the same time. I gestured for him to go first. 

"I am really sorry for what I said about you. I was stressed with the dementor attack and Dumbledore was--" he started rambling.

"Harry!" I stopped him, "It's fine. I forgive you."