•Contest Entries for GraphicSilly•

Round one:

*The part before the graphics is a short summary of the story and the part after the graphic is how my graphic is relevant to the story.*

Entry 1:
I've chosen a Japanese Fairy Tale called "The Crane Wife" which is about a man who helps an injured crane caught in a trap. The very next day, a beautiful woman appears on the man's doorstep asking to be his wife and he agrees. They struggle with their day to day life as they are poor until one day the woman asks him to buy thread so she can weave clothes to sell in the market but she makes the man promise that he would not look upon her while she was weaving. The cloth she weaves becomes famous but the man in his greed fails to notice his wife's deteriorating health. One night, he decides to watch his wife weave, but to his surprise there is a crane plucking it's own feathers to weave the cloth with. The crane turns out to be his wife who flies away never to return.

 The crane turns out to be his wife who flies away never to return

In this cover, I've portrayed the crane taking flight. Although I've used bright colours (because it is a fairy tale for kids) I've tried to portray the loneliness of the crane by using a lone mountain and the stagnant water. The Sakura represent the Man's hope that his wife will return to him one day.

>Entry 2: The one I'll be entering (even if both are my babies).
For my second entry (for the same prompt) I've chosen an Indian tale (at least that's what it says on google) called: "The Story of the King who would be stronger than fate." It is about a king who loves to hunt and during one such hunt he spots a beautiful white deer and gets separated from his party. Lost and alone in the forest he stumbles upon a hermit who, upon much persuasion, reveals that his daughter would marry the son of a servant woman. Enraged, he sets out to change Fate but ends up playing right into its hands.

In this cover I've used the white stag as my main theme because I feel that it was the moment the king chased after it that his fate was sealed

In this cover I've used the white stag as my main theme because I feel that it was the moment the king chased after it that his fate was sealed. If he had ignored the deer then he wouldn't have gotten lost or stumbled upon the hermit. I also feel that the stag here represents the King's greed.

GraphicSilly mahana258 kerozeo

These actually turned out well even if they are very simple. 😆🙄
'Stronger than Fate' inspired by White Stag's first cover.
The pictures used belong to their respective owners but the final product is my own.

Note to self: (Cover size: 512*800)

Update: I lost the competition but got some helpful feedback in turn :)