The Blue Ghosts of New York City

If anyone were to be inside an abandoned building in New York City after midnight, then be careful of the blue ghosts that lurk around; they might just steal your body to live another life. Tobias and Samantha have been told this tale many times growing up. During their free time in college, they did a lot of research on this tale about these blue ghosts. When they graduated from college, they decided to return back to New York City, and to see if the legends are true.

"Come on Toby! I know you can reach it," Samantha teased Tobias as she held his flashlight high over his head. He bent his knees, jumped up as high as he could, and made a mad reach for the flashlight. When she saw that he was a few inches short of touching the flashlight, she let a giggle, and taunted him once more.

Tobias heaved out a sigh as felt hopeless in trying to get back his flashlight. "This...is so...stupid..." he said in between breaths.

"Hehe, you are sooo short. Buuut, that's why I like hugging you all the time," Samantha said, pulling Tobias into a hug, and squeezing him tightly while resting her head on top of his.

Tobias wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly in return as he sighed happily in her loving embrace. "You're the best, Samantha," he said softly.

Samantha released Tobias, ruffled his hair, and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "I know I am," she said with a cheeky smile, and handed him the flashlight.

Tobias's heart pounded quickly against his chest. He jumped up to kiss Samantha's lips, and ended up reaching the top of her neck instead. She giggled at his attempt to kiss her pink lips. After enjoying a hearty laugh, she bent down, and kissed him on the lips.

"Ready to go inside?" Tobias asked, gesturing towards the 30 story high abandoned building.

Samantha nodding with a big smile on her tan face. "This is going to be so awesome. We got everything we need in these backpacks just in case a blue ghost shows up," she said, then lifted up one of the backpacks, and slung it over her shoulders.

Samantha and Tobias walked across the sidewalk into the entrance of the dark, lonely building. The building may be tall but, it was frail, and was going to begin to fall apart soon. It was only recently left to retire so, they could walk around as they pleased without worrying about falling through floors or steps.

Street lamps shined through the open windows yet, most of rooms were dark, especially the hallways. A few rats scurried about, running away from the flashlights that walked through the hallways.

"Eww, I hate spiders. So yucky," said Samantha. There were a few spider webs in the corners at the end of each hallway which, made her feel uncomfortable when going from one hallway to the next. "I should have brought a non-British torch."

Tobias flashed his torch from one room to another as he passed them by, checking for anything strange or unusual. "We probably won't find any blue ghosts here on the first floor. Maybe the tenth floor and higher will, since a lot of accidents happened up there," he said, still glancing around for anything out of the ordinary.

Tobias took a hold of Samantha's hand, and walked over to a nearby staircase. Their footsteps echoed as throughout the sideways hallway, waking up the higher ups. By the time they reached the third floor, a wondering young, male blue ghost came over to a railing on the tenth floor, and sat down to spy on the building's newest visitors.

Samantha and Tobias walked up the final step of the staircase that lead to the tenth floor. Excitement rose as they pushed open a door, and entered into the hallways of the tenth floor. Just like the first floor hallways, it was mainly dark, spider webs were in random areas, and rats scurried about as usual.