Not all wolves are bad guys

'another day in the mountains.' thought a young (fur color) female wolf. ever since her pack had been hunted to oblivion, she had been on her own. the alpha never really liked her. saw her as weak-willed and soft-muscled. her parents still loved her, nonetheless. but at some point she just wanted to lead her own path. and you wanted to prove she could fend for herself. but then she soon realized how lonely it is. no other wolves seem present here. adding more, she was still quite young. but she were determined to prove her worth. 'I just wish it wouldn't have ended.. like that..'

you whine softly to yourself as you strut onwards. you then come across a clearing. with a large lifeless tree in the center. what you saw near the tree made you twitch your ear in curiosity. 'humans..?' what are humans doing this far from their comfortable little square dens? this is interesting. there's an older female human and her cub. a dark blue haired one to be precised. he was hunched over and the elder female was rubbing his back.

the little male interested you somehow. his scent smelled somewhat comforting... he looked.. distressed.. "mommy..?" you heard his small voice croak. "..why is the wolf always the bad guy...?" you're ears shot up. eh? what's he mean?

"you mean in the picture books?" said the elder female. "everyone are always mean to them. and they're always killed at the end." the small blue haired male went on. "if that's the case.. I don't want to be a wolf."

your mouth opens a slightly. 'what's this small human on about?? he's a only human! and what about wolves being bad guys? are we that territorial..?' without thinking, you decide to step into the Plains and towards the human pair. "well, mommy thinks that-" the presumable "mother" human started but her eyes flicked to you. you just calmly strutted towards them, ignoring the mother's obvious unease. you caught the whiff of fear as she watched you approach slowly then stop only centimeters away. the small child looked up at his mother curiously. "mommy?" he asked. then he turned his attention to you.

his eyes were leaking...? you walked up to the small child and sniffed his face curiously. 'yeah... there's definitely something going on here...' he had a nice scent about him. yet... why was he so distressed? you feel him tense up as you pressed your cold nose against his cheek.

warm and squishy his flesh is. for someone with no fur, this contact felt nice. you heard the mother sigh in relief as she relaxed herself as she chuckled. the blue haired boy regarded you with uneasy curiosity. he slowly rose his small hand up and placed it cautiously onto your head. you were slightly startled by this action and you flinched. but the warmth of his hand eased the tension in a matter of seconds. you nudge him to encourage more petting and he used his other hand to stroke your soft (color) fur. "Looks like someone found a friend!" The mother human observed. why don't you introduce yourself?" the mother asked, patting her son's head. "m-my name is Ame." he nearly murmured. 'Ame...' you repeated in your head. you saw him dry his eyes with his arms and kneel down before you and pet you more, only less tensed.

"I'm hana." the mother referred to herself. you looked up at her with curious (color) eyes. 'hana.' you repeated to yourself. gotta remember these humans. Ame giggled as you gave him a soft lick on his cheek. "what should we name it?" asked hana. Ame then looked up at her. "she's a girl." he correctly crossly. "oh! then what should we name her?" asked hana again. your ears perked. my name? my name is- "Wolfy!" chirped Ame. your pupils shrank. what. that's my species only with a cutesy twist in it! "wolfy?" hana asked unsure of the nickname herself. Ame nodded hastily, not taking his eyes off you. she huffed. if ame was happy, she was happy. "okay. wolfy it is!" she announced. Ame giggled and tenderly hugged you around the neck. you nuzzled his back in response. hana giggled. "why don't you two get to know each other while I go check on yuki?" she looked to you and ame. "okay!" he happy replied and you snorted. she gave one last smiling glance and walked toward yuki's direction. "come on wolfy! let's play!" ame said running into the open field. you rolled your eyes. 'my name is (Y/N)...' oh well. maybe when you're ready you can tell him.. but for now, let's play! you leapt over to him and wagged your tail happily.

~(timeskip)~
wow, what a fun afternoon! after a nice game of "chase" you both laid under the tree, absolutely exhausted. Ame passed out onto your belly and is sleeping soundly. in a distance, you see a taller figure and a smaller figure beside her. it was a small female. with... wolf ears? 'I must be exhausted...' you thought as you panted with your pink tongue hanging out. "is that wolfy?" asked the small girl. hana nodded. "looks like her and ame had a blast." hana observed. the small girl walked up to you. "I'm yuki! ame's older sister." yuki stated puffing out her chest. hana then scoops up her snoozing son and offers you a kind smile. "thank you." she whispers as she walks off into a small path in the woods. yuki follows, but pauses and looks back. "Come by sometime! okay?" she smiled brightly and ran off towards her mother.

you smiled and laid your head down to your forelegs. "what nice humans..." you muttered as sleep took you away.