|35|

After practice, I wait for LaMelo by my car while he talks to his coach.

It takes him about five minutes to come out of the gym.

He has on his sliders and he is holding his duffel bag.

I get off of my car, which I was leaning on, and I walk towards LaMelo.

"What happened?" I asked.

LaMelo shakes his head then says "Nothing, he just said some stupid shit about you. I almost cursed that dumb ass nigga out."  LaMelo says, he looks at me. "Let's just go home!"

I unlock my car and I get in before driving off.

While I am driving, I turn and I look at LaMelo for a second.

He is looking out the window showing no emotions on his face.

"You know," I let out a sigh before continuing. "You didn't have to do that during practice, I mean it was sweet and all, but like we aren't actually dating so you don't need to get yourself in trouble for me, okay?"

Instead of giving me an answer LaMelo stays silent.

I take in a deep breathe before pulling over.

"What are you doing?" LaMelo asked.

I ignore him like he was doing to me a few minutes ago.

"Joslyn!" LaMelo says frustrated.

Once I have the car in park, I unbuckle my seatbelt and I turn towards LaMelo.

"LaMelo, look at me."

He looks over at me and he licks his lips.

"Don't put your whole future on the line for me LaMelo, it's way too important for you. You shouldn't do that for me, like I said before, I'm not your-"

LaMelo rolls his eyes. "-Yeah, I know. I'm not your actual boyfriend!"

I look down sucking on my bottom lip.

"You don't have to constantly remind me of that, okay?" LaMelo rubs his face, frustrated.

I look at LaMelo and he looks at me.

For a split second I think I see a bit of hurt in LaMelo's eyes but then he shakes his head and he looks away.

"Just cause we aren't actually dating doesn't mean I can't look out for a friend."

After multiple minutes of awkward silence, we finally make it home. 

"I'll see you tomorrow," LaMelo says.

He gets out of my car and he walks away.

I look down.

"See you," I say to myself.

I lick my lips and I look around my car.