4| Hard Times

(A/N): [to anyone who still reads this shit] Comment below your bets on who Stella punches this chapter:)

S T E L L A

A sense of relief washed over me as the hot water trickled down my body, washing away the filth caked under my nails and all over me. Having not been home for a day meant I didn't have the luxury of cleaning myself, or having water in general.

I deserve to enjoy this.

I open my mouth under the water, drinking from it.

I pour some shampoo into my palm as the steam fills my lungs with every breath I take. The overwhelming humidity calmed my nerves. I scrubbed the product into my greasy hair, feeling grit on my scalp.

Perks of being kidnapped... kind of?

I rinse off the delightful smelling shampoo from my long, dark tangly hair.

I finish up my shower before picking a towel to wrap around my wet frame. I picked up another as I twisted my hair around it.

I picked up my phone on the marble top counter, by the sink.

2 missed calls from Damon.

Ew.

I tossed my phone across the room onto my bed so it would be less of a distraction.

I get my clothes on and then plop down on my bed with my limbs sprawled out as I stared at the pale, colorless ceiling.

And then it hit me... I hadn't thought of it since two nights ago.

My brother triggered his curse.

I dart out my room, and look around the house for any signs of my idiotic twin.

"TYLER? ARE YA HOME?" I hollered, and smiled when there was no answer and cranked up some music.

"You can tell me when it's alright for me to come out...

BUM

BUM

BUM

Hard times

Gonna make you wonder why you even try

Hard times

Gonna take you down enough that you cry."

My phone in which was playing the music began to ring, making me want to throw it across the room.

"Hello Damon?" I said with an exasperated sigh.

"Chill out." I could practically see him rolling his eyes over the phone. "I just wanted to tell you that you did great yesterday. You seriously kicked some ancient vampires ass."

"The Damon Salvatore is complimenting me." I gasped, flattered. "Oh my god- are you dying?"

"Yes, Stella." He said sarcastically. "I am over here choking on Stefan's pride. And you were the only call I could make in time to say goodbye."