C H A P T E R I

Harsh rains and winds that seems to threaten the car windows to break, scared the little Baekhyun in his car seat. The presence of his mother beside him in the back of the car didn't help as both parents are talking in such a hostile tone. The little one didn't bother to think about it since he always hears and sees his parents' outrageous behavior at home. What seems to bother him though is the thick and uncomfortable jacket that he's wearing despite wearing a sweater and his favorite Iron Man shirt underneath it. The increasing heat in his body made him irritated as minutes passed by and even though his mother sees his son's state, she refuses to follow the child's will.

"Why can't you just leave this child back in our house?! He's innocent for fuck's sake!" says the woman in the back. Baekhyun could see his mother's glossy eyes and tears were threatening to fall on her mother's cheeks as she looked at the back to see three black cars tailing them.

The man who is driving the car, sighed loudly and smashed his hand in the steering wheel as he steps harder on the gas pedal. "How many times do I have to fucking tell you Ji Won?! No one is going yo separate this damn family! Not those bastards, not even death!" He continued to look in the rear view mirror, trying to think of a way to escape the cars that were chasing them. His eyes were full of determination yet with fear.

"You're fucking crazy. I shouldn't have married you, you freaking psycho!"Ji Won shot her husband a look from the rear view mirror before taking out a pen from the red trench coat that's she's wearing and stabbing it on her husband's arm. This resulted the man to let out agonizing shriek as he experienced the excruciating pain his wife had given him. Blood were continuing to flow out of his arm as he is starting to lose control of the car.

"This is our fucking fault! It's our fault for being in this situation! We're drowning in our debt because of our illegal actions! I want our child to live without his toxic parents! I want him to live a righteous life! Let him go! Please! I'm begging you!" Ji Won is now pleading and crying hysterically.

Yi Fan wanted to continue arguing with his wife but suddenly his vision is starting to blur as they entered the tunnel that leads outside of Seoul. His arms were shaking uncontrollably that leads to the car being drove in a volatile speed. Yi Fan tried to fought back by shaking his head but it only made it worse. His limbs are starting to shake out of control. Baekhyun was now crying, trying to make his dad come back to his senses. He knew something was wrong and he knew that this might be the last moments of their family. "W-w-w-what did you d-d-d-o t-o me y-y-you son of a b-b-bitch?!" It took all of Yi Fan's strength to say all of those words and his eyes rolled back, as his hands completely lost in contact with the steering wheel. The car is now scraping against the concrete wall of the tunnel and Baekhyun's mother is still in a great shock. She looked down at her hands as tears fall out of her eyes. She then looked at Baekhyun and kissed his forehead one more time. Baekhyun could feel the warm liquid in his cheeks, he wanted to hug his mother for one last time, but his mother quickly turned away from him as Ji Won tried to take over the driver's seat. Just as she got a hold of the steering wheel, the car spun around the long and the force of the first crash caused her to move forward, breaking the windshield and throwing her out of the car. Everything went black.

Baekhyun shot up from his bed. Tears were spilling out of his eyes and his lungs feel like they will burst at any moment. He tried to control his breathing and he rubbed his hands against his face, telling himself that it was just a nightmare. No it wasn't a nightmare, it's what really happened 14 years ago. He tried to grab his phone from the night stand beside his bed but he saw a figure sitting in the white chair that is placed in the corner of his room. The startled latter quickly grabbed the gun under his pillow and pointed it at the silhouette that is standing in the corner, ready to pull the trigger at any moment.