[Chapter 1]

•·•

•·•

THE DAY WAS ALMOST OVER. The sun was close to setting and the dark night is just moments away. A lonely man sat in a tent with a glass of wine in hand, only drinking to keep himself entertained. He hummed a quiet tune as he stared deeply into the flame of a candle on a table close by, only being brought out of his mind when a voice spoke from behind him.

"Please don't tell me your humming means that you are about to sing" The voice said and the man drinking wine turned his head to see who spoke to him. When he saw he let out a loud laugh. 

"Would that not be wonderful?" He asked the man, both of them having smiles on their face.

The man walked over to an empty chair and sat down, not before he helped himself to some wine. "Maegon, your singing is the worst thing I have ever had the misfortune to experience, please do not make me suffer once more".

The man known as Maegon laughed more loudly than before and drank the last of his wine before leaning back in his chair. With a smirk on his lips he shook his head slightly before making eye contact with his friend. Pale violet eyes meeting warm brown ones. 

"You wished to speak with me, Aidan?" He asked his friend.

"I, amongst many of the men, wonder where we are heading? I have heard that they have been starting to grow restless, many irk for another battle" Aidan explained to Maegon what he have heard when walking through the camp.

Maegon pursed his lips together and raised his eyebrows slightly. "Is it more battles they want? Well I suspect we might meet some plausible challengers on our way. I plan to ride for Slaver's Bay and the cities laying there".

Aidan raised his eyebrows in slight surprise at Maegon's words but did not think much about it. What confused him is the fact that Maegon his planning to ride for Slaver's Bay, a place with cities he never had expressed any interest in, but there are challenges and loot to be found both in and around them so Aidan ignored his slight confusion. However, his confused face did not escape Maegon.

"You seem confused" He noted, gazing over Aidan's face that immediately changed into something that was less confused.

"Well I suppose I would be stupid to deny it but yes, I don't understand why we are going to ride for Slaver's Bay" Aidan confessed. "Is it because you have seen something in your dreams?".

Maegon tensed up and put the glass of wine aside. Aidan was his closest friend and also a great adviser, he trusted him more than anyone else in the whole world and had only told Aidan of his dreams. They had been following him since he was just a young child, always the same. As he grew older his dreams became more frequent and also stranger. A large creature stood before him in his dreams, a dragon with bright green scales and piercing bronze eyes. The dragon lowered it's enormous head and Maegon placed his hand on the dragon's snout. After that he woke up, he had never experienced anything else after that in his dreams and it befuddled him. Though, not too long ago something had happened that ignited a sense of hope in him, a hope to finally receive and answer to what his dreams could mean. The last living Targaryen in the world, Daenerys Stormborn, was in possession of three live dragons. Currently she is the only hope Maegon have to finally understand what his dreams are trying to tell him.